EBPV Delete worth it.

Jomax

Reaction score
Tried searching with no luck.. alot of people do it. But does it really help in flow? Converting my e99 to late and install a 38r. It will be towing, so the valve would help down hills. But, if I gain a lot more flow plus lower EGTs it will get deleted. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Arisley

Reaction score
Won't help flow at all. It being there won't help going down hills, unless you convert it to an exhaust brake. One that is very inefficient.
The best thing about it being gone, is that it is one less place to leak oil.

Jomax

Reaction score
Won't help flow at all. It being there won't help going down hills, unless you convert it to an exhaust brake. One that is very inefficient.
The best thing about it being gone, is that it is one less place to leak oil.

I have it as an exhaust brake in the dually and it works quite well for me. only place I notice it helps are on hills with 6% grades plus. (We have plenty in AZ. But you're right on one less oil leak..

ghohouston

Reaction score
I don't think you would ever notice the difference in flow, but if you think about it, it does take up a small amount of space in the exhaust outlet. I couldn't tell a difference in either of my 7.3's, but the one less oil leak is what always sold me on the idea. If you know someone who can weld aluminum, you won't even have to buy a delete pedestal. Some people put in a pipe plug, but imo it looks tacky.

mandkole

Reaction score
if you really need an exh brake, then the valve works. I suppose a flow diff could be measured when removed, but it would be minimal. I did it because it was apart and made sense to do. The main issue with welding the ped is that the casting is somewhat porous and you never get all the oil out. We got it filled, but it was ugly.

ghohouston

Reaction score
When I get around to pulling my turbo next, ill take pics of my welded pedestal. I think it looks pretty decent, I got my boss who is an excellent welder to do it. My welds look like a 5 year old made them, so I wasn't about to chance aluminum myself, especially something with oil pressure in it.

mandkole

Reaction score
I had my engine builder who does my bike motors do it and hes pretty good but he definitely wasnt happy with it. It held oil just fine but was a little cobby.

MossBack

Reaction score
if you really need an exh brake, then the valve works. I suppose a flow diff could be measured when removed, but it would be minimal. I did it because it was apart and made sense to do. The main issue with welding the ped is that the casting is somewhat porous and you never get all the oil out. We got it filled, but it was ugly.

I put the pedestals in our shop oven for 20 minutes at 200* and clean the crap out of it with 99% isopropanol alcohol then they weld up like butter.

HBDELUX

Reaction score
Didn't notice change in egts. Did it to eliminate my leaking pedistal. If you like the brake function keep it.

79jasper

Reaction score
Think I heard a little difference in exhaust noise by removing mine.
If any flow difference were to be seen, I think you would already have to have a bigger downpipe, then compare the before and after.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Will be keeping it, found a used pedistal for 50bucks.

Latest posts

Members online