05 6.0 rough idle no power white smoke

lowKuntryMilitia

Reaction score
Ok yall sorry for long post but hopefully somebody with some knowledge can pin point this and maybe even help somebody else going through same thing, ok so here's the deal....

05 f250 6.0 auto 150k miles
ARP head studs and gaskets feb 2012
EGR cooler delete
Oil filter relocate with air cooled oil cooler
EGR valve is still on truck and not deleted

Issues:

1. White smoke on start up and idle, smoke does not go away when warm but does diminish a good bit

2. Rough idle

3. No power when in gear, I press petal and truck will not move itself, rpms barely climb, like it's in limp mode or something, shift back to neutral and get throttle response again although it's not as quick as normal I hit throttle and still a little sluggish to climb the rpms,

Ok so there's the symptoms this is the rundown on the truck and could be a piece in this puzzle...

I bought truck from a buddy of mine, I remember him replacing degas bottle due to possible oil in it and cap not holding pressure....I figured clogged oil cooler...I got truck and realized there is no oil cooler anymore...egr valve is not necessarily wet but more like excessive oil or something...also degas seems to pressurize quickly but never pukes...truck now has no coolant in it I've just been filling up with water every few days
( I know not good but money's tight ) truck never runs hot and always ran perfect no smoke no ticks nothing.....so anyways that was the one issue truck had...

Driving to work about 3 weeks ago, pulled out into traffic and truck went limp, meaning I hit throttle and it barely would move, it took awhile just to get to highway speeds...made it into my town which was a 30min drive and it started pouring black smoke, made it home and called a mechanic I knew...he came over and found the tube to my map sensor ripped...installed new tube, started truck and it ran perfect drove 1 mile down the road, hit throttle and blew a freeze plug ( freeze plug was a rubber replacement )
...installed new freeze plug and drove a mile again and it started doing same thing it did when tube busted, just this time no busted tube..uh oh

No CEL on
Get truck scanned, here's the codes:
Po272
Po611
Po676
Po678

Replaced ficm it's reading 48.6v when truck is running

Still ran just the same

Replaced injector #4
Did bubble test after install and failed, still has bubbles
And truck runs like crap still all same symptoms...

Ok here's where it's interesting

The next day i still have air filter and piping to turbo off from doing injector change also ficm is just sitting in valve cover not bolted down...I climb into engine bay and test ficm again, undo the 2 screws crank truck up and holy crap it's idling perfect! Throttle response is great In neutral and in gear, take it for a drive and it's pouring greyish smoke but running great! Drive it all around town...ficm is zip tied and air box still not hooked up, bring her home and park it

Next day start it up runs great again
I go and get new oil (rotella 15-40)
Napa 1832 oil filter
Duralast fuel filters

Do oil change and fuel filter change..
Installed airbox and bolted ficm up
Start truck and wtf same **** rough idle white smoke and no power??????????

Realize when I installed airbox somehow I pulled the power wire going to other battery so it was running off just one battery, quickly fixed that and re checked ficm just to be sure ficm again 48.6v truck still running horrible......shut it down...came back about 3 hours later and started it she ran great again for about 3mins than back to ****....this is where I'm at now just completely lost....

Maybe wire harness? Maybe I had it in just the right spot when ficm was zip tied? I just don't know I wiggled all the wires and nothing, somebody help!

Also truck never has a problem starting cold or warm
https://vimeo.com/112236901https://vimeo.com/112236926https://vimeo.com/112236956

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary

Reaction score
Sounds like a loose injector. Did you blow the oil out of the bolt holes for the injectors? I think that's how so many injectors come loose, the bolt hydraulics when the injector is installed and then loosens up and the the compression aerates the fuel, then they don't run very good.

lowKuntryMilitia

Reaction score
No Gary I did not I should check that though was hoping not to have take all of it apart again lol

lowKuntryMilitia

Reaction score
I started it up and for about 10 mins it ran smooth than started acting up again...still have bubbles in fuel bowl so must be a injector issue

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.