War Wagon build

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I like the build too. Kinda doing the same thing with a CCSB with a 5 speed. XL truck manual everything, thinkin project reliability. It's gonna be by DD, faimily hauler, and tow pig

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
Wish I was working on this today.... instead I'm in Louisiana working on some ammonia compressors.... hopefully have some updates when I get back home in a couple weeks

Sent while doing burnouts somewhere in the country

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
I really miss working on this thing lol. I've been gone over 4 months now and I've got so many ideas that I want to do if I ever get back to it. Also got a pile of parts taking up space in my buddy's shop that he wants gone lol

mandkole

Reaction score
*Has aftermarket oil pressure gauge under hood

did you try grounding the sending unit wire on the block? If the gauge is working right, it will go to the right all the way.

Edit; misread you first gauge post. My suggestion was for the oil gauge but was thinking about the amp gauge in error.. doh

Last edited:

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
OK guys so since I've had plenty of time to think about it, I have come up with a engine mod list for when I get home. Not shooting for big impressive numbers but still want the truck to be fun to drive and tow awesome. This is what I've got so far

Intercooler and piping
Plenums
Studs one at a time on original gaskets
Pushrods and valve springs
200-250cc/200 injectors ???
Billet 366 or 367 ???
Hpop ???
Upgrade the fuel pump in the efuel setup

Input on injector/turbo combination. Recommendations on a fuel pump(already has efuel w/regulated return)
Recommendations on hpop
It's got a new clutch and pressure plate but it's stock. How do you think it will hold up?

All this is riding on a compression check first. I don't suspect low compression but I want to check it because it has over 300k on the clock

Last edited:

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I'd drop the injector size a littletter in my opinion. If you want it to tow awesome, still be fun, but stay under the needs of big oil, I'd stay in the 200/238 range with an 80 or 100% nozzle....... Just my opinion

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
OK. So what turbo would you recommend to get the full potential of 238ish/100 sticks? S300 or s400 style? Billet? Anything special? Also what kind of power level am I looking at? This won't be a competition truck of any kind but my right foot does get the addiction for the floor sometimes. Still wondering about whether to upgrade the clutch or not. I'll have all my DD and tow tunes turned down to help keep things in check also.

setup to be a fun daily driver and tow like an animal

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the 368 I am getting ready to start upgrading my tow pig and I'll be doing a set of 250/100's with an s366

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Maybe a bw466, HFSB (t4i) or if you want to stay in the smaller frame, a BASB from irate (built by Puis). I will do some research on the GTX4088R but it's a $$$$ turbo

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
Maybe a bw466, HFSB (t4i) or if you want to stay in the smaller frame, a BASB from irate (built by Puis). I will do some research on the GTX4088R but it's a $$$$ turbo

I've heard good things about both the HFSB and the BASB. Just did a quick search on that gtx40/88r and it looks sick.....but then again I don't really know much about turbo design and flow numbers lol. How would that do on a 5 speed 7.3?

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Gtx4088r
* Compressor Wheel Inducer: 65.0mm
* Compressor Wheel Exducer: 88.4mm
* Compressor Wheel Trim: 54
* Turbine Wheel Inducer: 77.0mm
* Turbine Wheel Exducer: 68.0mm
* Turbine Wheel Trim: 78

Scratch that, exact same specs as a gt38 with much higher price tag

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
238/100's, S366, and Aeromotive pump would provide more than enough fuel, or run two superduty pumps. As far as clutching goes, I don't think a stock clutch would hold up that great with how I know you tend to drive. The Luke in Selina's truck is working great, or you could so with OFE from South Bend.

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
I'm down to 250/1or 200s for injectors for sure

I've been looking at the Irate's s467 and the gtx42 and the gtx40 but I've already heard not too bother with the 40

Single hpop or twin terminator or similar?

At this point I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be throwing a south bend in it

I know I tend to overkill things but that's just how I am lol

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I think the gt42 may be a bit large for a 100% nozzle but I could be wrong. I'd deffently stay with a 100% nozzel and have heard great things about PIS 230/100s, I have no experience with them.

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
If you go bigger than a 100% nozzle youre going to need big oil I only have experience with the BTS duals but I highly recommend them if you do decide to go bigger in the nozzles. From what I've heard the twin termites aren't a bad choice. I just prefer to have that room in the valley.

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
OK so i woke up this morning and realized that I went a little too far with my power ideas and got away from what I really want out of this truck. I want to use it for a truck, i want to tow, i want to beat on it, i want to go down through the woods on my 300 acre hunting lease, and i want reliability and peace of mind. I'm gonna stick with 100% nozzles (either 238 or 250cc). So with that said I think it's the consensus that I can stay with a single hpop. I'm pulling the adrenaline pump off my super duty before I sell it, would it be a good match for 100 nozzles?

And that brings the turbo question back up. It's going in an obs so space will be somewhat of an issue. S366, s368, BASB, or another turbo if you think it's better for this application. What's your thoughts on these options with 250/100s, a 5 speed, and 4.10 gears?