i wanna make some HP

jban126_f350

Reaction score
i have a 06 6.0 as of now it has h11 head studs egr delete sct tuner and built FICM. it had a stock trans i am aware that it is on top of the list to make HP. but it will be my daily driver but i want it to have some fun street/race power. little bit on a tight budget but what ever it takes. i want to get away from the vgt turbo. need help with fuel system upgrades and what injectors work good with what turbo. i owned a 7.3 prior to the 6.0 so im new to the the 6.0. any advise would be awesome. oh and i may have a cracked or warped head so i may get new heads with fire rings. looking for 600+ HP. HELP

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I don't know too much about 6.0's but having owned a 6.4 in the past I'll say this. IDP or GH tunes on a 6.4 will easily exceed 600 hp on all factory items, including the air filter. And is DD for most people.

In the end, "budget" and "hp" usually don't mesh well in the same sentence.

Not trying to sound like a d$ck but for 600 hp here is some info http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1044

and non-vgt
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19940

Do some searching as what you are asking, a lot of info is already out there. There are unique situations but IMHO, asking how to make 600 hp is pretty standard fare.

Make an itemized list of what you have so that may help someone who may have been exactly where you are but expect to buy Injectors (190-205's) http://swampsdiesel.com/prestashop/en/injectors/57-190cc-100.html , Trans(stage 3) http://www.twisteddieselperformance.com/twisted-diesel-transmission-level-3-5r/ and the RR +/- 600 bucks and possible accompanying fuel system and the t4 set up, pipes and turbo. Those items alone should be in the 15-18k range.

Several vendors have what you're looking for. I saw that cutting-edge diesel has some items, so does Swamps and MPD. Maybe just call them tell them you want 600 hp so you get some info on any hidden cost.

Good luck!

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
All depends on your goals. There are so many options. 190/75s and a s371 I think would be an awesome and relatively cheap setup and don't have to worry about HPO. Obviously reg return and lift pump are a must. It's all in what you want to do Like said above.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Just spray what you have

LOL that's definitely a start!

Looking at your sig; how much $$ you got into that signature line there??

Two folks already posted w/ big injectors and trans in their sigs and I'm curious to know. The math just from MPD, Swamps and Twisted for those basic items is just around $15,000. H#ll, just the injectors and trans alone is 10k.

swinky

Reaction score

Two folks already posted w/ big injectors and trans in their sigs and I'm curious to know. The math just from MPD, Swamps and Twisted for those basic items is just around $15,000. H#ll, just the injectors and trans alone is 10k.
About half as much as you would think.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Really? Are the injectors ford injectors or aliant/aftermarket? That seems to be a factor I have found w/ pricing differences.

How you like the Precision??
I was gonna put one in my 6.4 before I sold it. Spartan/Jeff and a few other 6.4 guys were giving the PI converters high remarks when the 6.4 version came out.

08Monster

Reaction score
Poor 6.0s... Intake, exhaust and tune on a 6.4 FTW!!! Haha in all reality, cheap HP is unreliable HP.

swinky

Reaction score

Well trans was $5k
I paid $2k used for my 366, ced up pipes and Warren 190/75s, then sold my old stuff for $1,000. I'm still on stock fuel and my reg return and sump was $600. So roughly $6600 total and the truck still went 12.9 on the stock fuel pump and no traction bars lol

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
Marty's fuel system is good. Fuel lab is good too. I have a airdog but wouldn't recommend they are hit or miss but mine works fine. Driven diesel reg return. And a sump will help with strain on the pump.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
You don't 'need' a sump. You can use a draw straw from strictly that is larger. Just make sure you cut it at the right length, and you won't have any 1/4 tank issues

jban126_f350

Reaction score
Well my truck is my daily driver I want to make 600+ hp what ever set up would be most reliable. I know that's broad but probably 205/100 injectors what ever turbo would be best and the best fuel system you guys are using. And what supporting mods will I need? How much hp will the stock 5r110 hold up too?

jban126_f350

Reaction score
What do I do about fuel lines and the stock pump and filters? Keep them there? Get rid of them? Replace the lines? Like I said I'm new with the 6.0 mods?

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
Stock trans will last as long as you want it. If you beat it it won't last or do 50 mph stabs it will die quickly. Id do a s371 spool well and make over 600 with 205s with 75% nozzles would be good for icp