ID injectors

6speedsd

Reaction score
Got injectors pulled today. Trying to confirm these are factory injectors. Here is the only lettering stamped on them. They all start with "DA........" All but one have green, red, white, and black wiring. That one oddball has blue instead of green.
db5b9ded1818b50dec6f51752054aa70.jpg

2144f706e9b1af424e6403b3d1188ffc.jpg

One in the left has blue wire. Injector itself is much more shiny overall, and has "Rmn04 35011" stamped where the holddown clamp goes.

So are these all Motorcraft injectors? Trying to make sure I don't have some junk knockoffs before I get them built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby@MPD

Reaction score
Everything that would make them junk would be on the inside. If you want to send them up, we can flow test test and see what they are.

6speedsd

Reaction score
So no one stamps a brand name anywhere on them? What about a part number? I assume that long "DA" number is just that...but does Motorcraft part numbers for injectors start with DA, or did they ever start with that?

What about the wiring color? 7 have green, one has blue

Mdub707

Reaction score
Hard to say without knowing anything about the truck. I'd just send all 8 to whomever you were going to have build them and let them make the call if it's an acceptable injector to be built. They would know better than anyone.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Injectors were never changed under warranty. Apparently that one injector isn't original, but who knows when it was changed.

They all fired fine other than some stiction on 3-4. Other than that I had no issues with them. Just assumed a brand would be stamped on them. Oh well. Just thought I'd ask.

6speedsd

Reaction score
I meant stock injectors...like Motorcraft, Alliant, etc. just assumed those would have a brand stamped on them somewhere. Basically don't want to have some chitty Alliants built that I didn't know were in there to start with

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
The one on the left is a ford reman...hence the marking of rmn04, along with the gray wire loom. The other is an original. Now if ya want split hairs I suppose the ford reman could have been turned in for a core to Alliant and rebuilt again by them still having the ford stamp on it. However let's not go down that road. You have a ford reman and an original.

6speedsd

Reaction score
That's what I wanted to know. Thank you sir. Appears that 7 of my currents are original, with that one reman.

Now I just need to decide which route I'm going with these things.