buying a new transmission

jmc_stroker

Reaction score
2008 6.4 cc sb, spartan tuner, c/a, 4" turbo back, egr delete, fried trans...
I've been doing a lot of research on what trans to buy and I made my decision to go with the NADP heavy hauler with all the billet options. As I am get ready to order I did a last search and came across a company called Diesel Technology Source (dts)and found they sell a 5r110 that is rated at 800 hp. They also have a competition series that is classified for anything above 800 hp with more billet internals than nadp offers. My question is has anyone heard of this company because It's hard to find any information on their products. Are they new. Are they junk. Just need info. My only reason for concern is that their fully billet trans is only $4k where the nadp I'm about to order is $6.5k. And before you ask why I want one with that high of hp rating it's because my goal is to reach 1000hp dd. Any info helps...

johnp115

Reaction score
You could get a full race trans from Morgan @ midwest backed with great customer service and a killer reputation on here. Or an RCD built trans, or rudys, or elite, or twisted, or MPD... Youre going to see those all suggested to you because thats what is run on these higher hp trucks and by many people on this forum, with great results

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Just checked them out online and that price looks awesome. Like you said, all billet internals with DPC torque converter for $3975. I didn't see anything about a warranty though... Gonna sub to this and see if anybody has any experience with them

sootie

Reaction score
NADP makes a good trans. i think Kind on here is a dealer for them.

x2 for Morgan @ Midwest Diesel esp if you want it relatively quickly.

stick to a known builder esp if you want to hold any power

Last edited:

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Mine and many others experience with DTS is bad. Customer service is aweful!!!
:edit. They are capable of great work no doubt but I wouldn't risk it! Ask on any duramax forum and you will get mixed reviews and I had a good friend get jerked around for months on heads that ended up cracking like 2 months later.

Last edited:

3brorce

Reaction score
That advertised price on DTS site is incorrect. DTS does quality work though for sure. More known in the dmax world.

On another note, trans wise, I will be going with Twisted, Warren, Midwest or SADP.

jmc_stroker

Reaction score
Well I got the results I figured. One bad review and I'm not going to risk it. I'm going to go with NADP due to price, warranty, customer reviews, and they said they can get it to me within a week. Thanks for the responses.

3brorce

Reaction score
Well I got the results I figured. One bad review and I'm not going to risk it. I'm going to go with NADP due to price, warranty, customer reviews, and they said they can get it to me within a week. Thanks for the responses.

Where are you from? Canada I assume

jmc_stroker

Reaction score
No I'm in missouri. They estimated shipping to be around $275-$300 for me to ship the core and skid back.

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
If you are interested in a transmission and would like a little information on one of our full billet transmissions feel free to give me a shout!!

Thanks,

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.