Finishing Steve's Abandoned Project

Riverside

Reaction score
I guess I can count my blessings.....

my local shop quoted me for decking heads and block, .20 over boring on cylinders, assembling the short block, balancing the assembly with new rod, cam and crank bearings for 825.

And 2 weeks for completion from the day I drop it off.

Cknox121

Reaction score
not all. mine will get a set of heads done in a few hours. short block done in a couple days. from drop off to pick up. and they are cheap. $90 for both heads to be surfaced an magged

im just lucky i guess

Holy wow! Damn good deal and quick!

I have a shop that will do heads next day for $100, but they won't do blocks or seat work. They used to be an automotive machine shop, but have now turned into an industrial machine shop.

That's what most shops around me have done. Won't even touch diesel motors any more. Plus they are all junky and trashy looking. I finally found a shop thanks to my buddy and it's top notch. Not sure on price though...just told him to do it right.

I guess I can count my blessings.....

my local shop quoted me for decking heads and block, .20 over boring on cylinders, assembling the short block, balancing the assembly with new rod, cam and crank bearings for 825.

And 2 weeks for completion from the day I drop it off.

That's quick!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Doing a little testing on the interior color.
5c5de6bf03e8d9cd43f2b6971e156817.jpg

HOOV3R

Reaction score
You can run a key over it with a little pressure and it doesn't mark it. If you get crazy and actually dig into the plastic it with scratch. I tested it on the back of a panel that I didn't quite prep as good. That's also only allowing 24 hrs to cure.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.