how bad will I hate my truck if I go from maxpowers to 475 single?

78f100

Reaction score
I am thinking about going with a 475 for now on my black truck. Plans are later to put the motor over in my reg cab if I ever get time. My vgt has blown a oil seal at least so I thought while I'm waiting to have it repaired why not slap on 475 and see how it does. I plan to run a single on the reg cab and spray so I won't be losing anything other than labor by doing this. What you guys think?

78f100

Reaction score
Dual pumps elite 110's and rcd converter its stock stall I think. I have a suncoast hd that's higher stall at home I coukd put back in

madman1234509

Reaction score
I think he has 110s. I'd say if you have at least a 2200 stall converter and can put 100s in try it.... But I think as a dd, going from what you have now to a 75, you're only gaining simplicity, and losing spool up and Driveability. The truck will probably make close to the same power with both turbo set ups so no real gain there. Plus don't forget you'll need major tuning changes. I'd say if anything, I think you'd like a smaller non vgt setup with a small hp charger and like an 88mm

madman1234509

Reaction score
Sure it's a blast, above 2500 rpm when it lights.... I think going from a large vgt setup that already made equivalent power up top, and made more power down low throughout the rpm range he will be disappointed. They aren't street friendly chargers for the average Joe who dds their truck. Idk how many people on here have put a 75 or bigger single on their truck, and then they are never heard from again, change their set up, or sell their truck soon after.

madman1234509

Reaction score
We all know a 75 single makes decent power, high 800s low 900s, but so would his max powers with the same nozzles. Anyone can see from watching any of your videos spool up is lacking with a single. Some people might not mind it. But some might. And to says it's perfectly streetable is not right.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
I disagree but we all have our opinions. A 75/83 .90 like I had was perfectly street able and was responsive when tuned properly. I had it on my truck and enjoyed driving it every day pretty much smoke free.

madman1234509

Reaction score
What would be the benefit?? Don't max powers make the same or real close to the same power but are still really streetable? I don't get it..

That's what I'm saying. There isn't really except for having his truck while the turbo is gone, and simplicity. If he can do the work himself, keep the up pipes he has, but make a section to add to them to bolt on to the up pipes, and have a pedestal and bolt onto the turbo, then obviously there is the intake and charge pipe that will need to be made or a section modified to fit, turbo drain and feed.

Easiest bet is to add a section to the up pipes that allows the down pipe exit to face the passenger side. Modify a downpipe, make an intake that is routed into the drivers side battery box area, if yours isn't there. Modify a section of charge pipe to connect to the factory off of the turbo.

buck russell

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my opinion on this is rather skewed as I never had stock turbos on my truck.

However, my single 72 with 60s and dual pumps runs/drives great. The turbo is a billet 72, .90 housing, 87/81 turbine, 360 thrust bearing. Spools quickly, makes good power and is fun to drive.

madman1234509

Reaction score
I think a lot of people have talked about a pretty noticeable difference going from a 72 to a 75. Plus he had a quick spoiling vgt set up before so he will notice it without a doubt.

Latest posts

Members online