No limit goodies
Gear head tunes on mini maxx
New short block
Oring heads
Arp studs
Rcd push rods
46mm wastegate
Built mpd trans

It's been a fun truck on a street tune (performance doesn't hold rp) but I am looking for more!!
I just picked up a duel fueler, and I built a custom lpfs
-a1000, cat filters, aeromotive regulator, sump
I plan on running the feed lines straight to the pumps after a Y-block.
I am putting them on when the pump shows up. But I have a few questions
What rp should I run now?
What psi should the regulator be set too?
What psi can I see the wastegate to? (Stock valve springs, unless Morgan can hook a brotha up)
I am I okay on stock pistons?
Thanks guys!
4bfc60056ae56f731d5fc0f3e63c9c43.jpg
163d2dde2943719ce9f9ed2e4278e3f1.jpg
ef0d52b2ec09699aa6209143b786843b.jpg
668c475c10a9b8b378c57920bb2b6807.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
i wouldnt want to see over 65psi ebp on the mini maxx esp with stock springs. you are never safe with stock pistons in a 6.4

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Good decision swapping out ya'lls tires! I believe you will want it set to 15ish psi on the low pressure system. RP should still be 25k ish I think. Pretty sure the k16's kinda regulate themselves so to speak

johnp115

Reaction score
One stock pump pushes 20-25k on a big tune so multiply that by two and give or take 5k for each pump so I'd say somewhere between 40-50k rp on a full tune..

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
One stock pump pushes 20-25k on a big tune so multiply that by two and give or take 5k for each pump so I'd say somewhere between 40-50k rp on a full tune..
STFU & GTFO with that crap lol. His injectors and rails would explode with that much pressure. I'm sure you're joking though....

Dual pumps increase volume to maintain pressure, not higher pressure.

johnp115

Reaction score
STFU & GTFO with that crap lol. His injectors and rails would explode with that much pressure. I'm sure you're joking though....

Please don't take me that seriously lol.

But ya, more extensive custom tuning and fuel flow monitoring / temps but still 25k at most.(commanded through tuning) So on 30's both pumps won't be streesed near as much as a single pump on stock nozzles.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score

But ya, more extensive custom tuning and fuel flow monitoring / temps but still 25k at most.(commanded through tuning) So on 30's both pumps won't be streesed near as much as a single pump on stock nozzles.

Sheww, I was a little nervous there for a second lol. Started to sound like a Cummings guy....

Reaction score
Go and run 15-16psi of fuel pressure from the low pressure side.. The high pressure is like 24-26k. Wastegate should be set around 68.. Would highly recommend springs and all that crap.. LOL

Also if you're gonna rip it apart throw some pistons so you'll never worry about it again.. Also make sure to if you can put a good used hpfp in the valley so if the seal gives out at least it will be on the outside hpfp.. Also have fun!!!

jtpappy

Reaction score
i wouldnt want to see over 65psi ebp on the mini maxx esp with stock springs. you are never safe with stock pistons in a 6.4

Thank you! Hopefully Morgan can PM me about some springs and instructions to do it heads on.

cool looking truck.

Thank you

Your rail pressure should hold at whatever the tuner has the desired rail pressure set at.

I mess up! What pw should I run!!

Go and run 15-16psi of fuel pressure from the low pressure side.. The high pressure is like 24-26k. Wastegate should be set around 68.. Would highly recommend springs and all that crap.. LOL

Also if you're gonna rip it apart throw some pistons so you'll never worry about it again.. Also make sure to if you can put a good used hpfp in the valley so if the seal gives out at least it will be on the outside hpfp.. Also have fun!!!

Working on the springs. The motor ain't coming apart lol. Cab on, pulling turbos and trans if I can find some 6.0 manifold to 6.4 uppipes quick and cheap. For the 6.0 manifolds in the garage.

B585Ford

Reaction score
:

Exactly :whs:

If you want the most performance a PW of 2.3 or so tune.

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score

....true-but multiply the chance of pump failure by 2 :)

Stroked777

Reaction score

I was talking to tommy hassler when we was in pine grove pa at a dyno and he said he runs 50k in his puller. It's a 7.3 with a 6.4 injection system, dual pumps

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I was talking to tommy hassler when we was in pine grove pa at a dyno and he said he runs 50k in his puller. It's a 7.3 with a 6.4 injection system, dual pumps
If that's the same one I think you're talking about I'm pretty sure he said that it spiked that high... He has also replaced rails and injectors because of that. There is no possible way stock injection systems could handle that much pressure, not for long at least. They weren't made for it.

I mean I could be wrong but get him up here to tell me haha

Latest posts

Members online