URGENT: 6.0 no start when hot

svt28640

Reaction score
Got an 03 6.0. Starts fine when cold. When gets warm if you cut it off want start back/dies. The ipr is new, hpop is new, new stand pipes, tried un hooking icp, put shop air directly on top of hpop outlet pipe didn't hear any leaks. When u start the truck wide open throttle the desired icp is 4500 an the actual icp is 1800. The ipr % at wide open is 85%. If the truck dies or I turn it off when it's warm. Want start back an icp while cranking is under 400. Any ideas? Thanks

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
at 400 psi while cranking, id lean more towards a leak rather then the pump. doubt the pump would make that much pressure or let the truck run when its cold if it was no good. Id run the air leak test again, and listen under the valve covers for air leaks. I also assume your energizing the solenoid when testing?

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Every time i've seen this exact issue its been the injector seals at the top where the oil rail sits in.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this will fix your problem but when I had my no start it was caused by the oil bypass valve. Just pull it out and put it back in and see if that changes anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svt28640

Reaction score
I can put shop air to the icp port, and command the ipr to 90% an there is zero leaks I can hear. I left the shop air on it for 3-4 minutes before closing the ipr. The oil pump is new. unless I got a **** one from the parts store. Where is the oil relief port ? An if it were that wouldn't it not start period ? Thanks guys

svt28640

Reaction score
well put it all back together an fired it up, let it get warm an cut off. then applied air again. with the engine warm the leak showed up. looks like busted nuckles was right.

svt28640

Reaction score
Well swapped that injector an fired it up. Let it warm up an cut it off. Fired it back up. Thought all was well drove it a mile down the road an it dies an want start back. Get it back to the shop pull it apart. Pressurize the system an now it sounds like air coming from the motor. I imagine hpop area. Any ideas? Any ways to pressure test the system with hpop cover off? Only thing that hasn't been replaced is branch tubes an outlet pipe.

svt28640

Reaction score
got hpop cover off an presurized directly into the branch tube and found its coming out of another injector #8. So i changed the high pressure o ring in the top... still leaks. go to ford place an buy NEW injector an put in... still leaks. Switched #8 with #2 an the leak went to #2. 2 new injectors. One reman. One NEW an both leak.. Any ideas?

Stroker04

Reaction score
got hpop cover off an presurized directly into the branch tube and found its coming out of another injector #8. So i changed the high pressure o ring in the top... still leaks. go to ford place an buy NEW injector an put in... still leaks. Switched #8 with #2 an the leak went to #2. 2 new injectors. One reman. One NEW an both leak.. Any ideas?
Sometimes those cups can get worn that actually sit down into the injector. Someone makes a tool to remove them and they also sell new orings and those cups that sit into that oil rail. I'll see if I can find a link for you.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

svt28640

Reaction score
If it were the ball cups it wouldn't follow the injector when moved. Also swapped oil rail an did same thing

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
If it were the ball cups it wouldn't follow the injector when moved. Also swapped oil rail an did same thing

wondering if the oil rail nipple is damaging the oring...when you swapped 2 into number 8 did it still leak at number 8 also, or jump to only number 2?

Latest posts

Members online