Washing/Detailing

w3bb3r04

Reaction score
I also had a question about mine. Has anyone had any luck getting spots out of the damn cloth seats in an 07 and previous. That material shows every water spot possible!

I wish I had a hot water extractor.

Jomax

Reaction score
I also had a question about mine. Has anyone had any luck getting spots out of the damn cloth seats in an 07 and previous. That material shows every water spot possible!

I wish I had a hot water extractor.

Steamer. Harbor freight sells a good cheaper one.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I used this new stuff called Lil Lucy's Auto Detailer and it worked great. I only used the quick detailer, but there is a wax that I have yet to try. Truck came out awesome!

Jomax

Reaction score
Just steam the seats then shop vac?

I use the steamer with the plastic brush tip. I hold a microfiber towel right next to the spot in the fabric to catch the mess as the steamer loosens it. You can then either spray the seats down with an all purpose cleaner then suck it all up with the shop vac.

The nasty spots are cake with a steamer. You can then get the rest by spraying the seats with apc and sucking it up with the shop vac as said above.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

smcox1

Reaction score
Spot shot also works very very well for getting stains out of carpet and seats. You can find it in the laundry detergent aisle.

08sixfour12

Reaction score
What would you guys recommend for removing this (photo below) out of my door handles? Need some sort of chrome polish.

Thanks!

2air315.jpg

Pockets

Reaction score
Just wash it... looks like it needs more than just handle love.

But Mother's always works good. Don't forget about the window trim rubber too, it could stain leaving it the way it is.

08sixfour12

Reaction score
Just wash it... looks like it needs more than just handle love.

But Mother's always works good. Don't forget about the window trim rubber too, it could stain leaving it the way it is.

I washed it a day before taking this picture haha - lots of dirt roads :( . Even when it's clean the door handles look pitted though, just looking for something you guys have used that works good on chrome.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Bringing this one back. I have been looking for quite some time for a good detailer and I have finally found one that seems to be recommended by many people over on Autogeek.com. His name is Thomas Dekany and he does mobile work around Portland, OR. We spoke at length on the phone today and he seems pretty knowledgeable, but the proof is in the pudding.

On to my question. He has not seen my truck yet, but for a two step polish and full opti-coat, he is in the $1500-$2500 range depending on paint conditions. I am completely fine with paying this kind of money for a quality job. Is this roughly the going rate? I typically use the two bucket hand wash but it has been a couple years since a full wax. The truck is kept in the garage, only has 26K on it and isn't scratched to hell. Thanks in advance for your input.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I really don't know what something like that should cost, but I know I'd be into 12hrs+ of work to complete that. Just labor alone would be a lot of that, then you add product. The $1500 doesn't sound terrible for how you described the truck, but $2500 seems steep.

Something you need to remember is when you call him and say it's in good condition, you could be someone that has a different definition of good. Some peoples good is a detailers poor. I would make time to meet him so he can look it over before committing. After he sees it he may see one step is plenty.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Thanks. I completely understand and agree 100%. He wants to look at it to be able to judge accurately and I want him to so that nobody wastes any time. Any opinion on the Opti-coat?

Jomax

Reaction score
Is he a opti coat installer? If so, he'll be using opti coat pro. Only way to get that is if you're a professional. It lasts a bit longer.

Regular opti coat cost about 100$ to do a truck doing one coat.

Another good product is cquarts by carpro.

The price he quoted isn't insane, but it's up here. These trucks take time. If he's a true pro, it's worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Thanks Jomax. I will ask tomorrow about which product he is using. Seems like the reviews talk about other detailers taking lessons from him. Time will tell how good he is, I suppose.

Jomax

Reaction score
Thanks Jomax. I will ask tomorrow about which product he is using. Seems like the reviews talk about other detailers taking lessons from him. Time will tell how good he is, I suppose.

What's his name on Autogeek? I'm on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
I am pretty sure it is tdekany. It doesn't look like he is active on there anymore though.

Latest posts

Members online