New guy from Knoxville TN

jspaulding37918

Reaction score
Recently purchased my 2008 F350 crew cab, long bed, dually with the 6.4 powerstroke. I'm already learning way more about this truck than any other vehicle I've owned. I think this truck is owning me more than the other way around. In the 3 weeks that I've owned the truck I've already replaced the brakes and water pump, deleted the EGR valve/coolers, and deleted the DPF and Cat. (EGR was due to the coolant getting sucked through the engine) and I just wanted to get rid of the cat and dpf. Those upgrades/mods were done today and I took it for a drive to find out it was now burning oil and not getting any boost from the turbos. I've torn into the turbos enough to find the high pressure turbo is seized up (causing the oil consumption) i've already learned quite a bit from this site as far as how to remove the turbos. And can't wait to learn more and hopefully be able to help others on here as well.

jspaulding37918

Reaction score
Nice to see so many people from this area! Anyone know where I can find a good used turbo for my truck? the funds just aren't there for a new one. I'd really like to upgrade them but of course funds aren't there either.

08strokin

Reaction score
Nice to see so many people from this area! Anyone know where I can find a good used turbo for my truck? the funds just aren't there for a new one. I'd really like to upgrade them but of course funds aren't there either.

There was a set on craigslist a couple days ago I'll see if I can find it. Or you may want to look into barder turbo service he is a site sponsor on here

Latest posts

Members online