• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

Does anybody have this part for sale? Can you get it?

truckman1974

Reaction score
I'm looking for the part pictured below. I know the dealer has them and they list for $379 each. I'm looking for a used one (or two) that I can experiment on and try to make a modified locking gun safe/lock box in.

If you can find this at the junk yard I will pay you for it and to ship it to me. Looking to spend around $30-$50....not a whole lot.

Thanks......>>Dean

Attachments

• Center Console Piece.jpg
    Center Console Piece.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 286

TyCorr

Reaction score
Since you are military, graft an ammo can into that space and install a true lock on it. Otherwise, fab a steel.container of the same utility and wrap, paint, or upholster it to match your interior.

truckman1974

Reaction score
Since you are military, graft an ammo can into that space and install a true lock on it. Otherwise, fab a steel.container of the same utility and wrap, paint, or upholster it to match your interior.

Yep, that would be cool... What I really want to do is, for everyday use it will just look like normal (the cup holders there). When you remove the cupholders there's a "hidden" cubby under there. It's a panel that lifts out and there's a space in there under that panel. That's where I'd like to put a little lock box (gun safe) etc...

That's why I want a couple old parts to experiment with on first....figure out exactly how to go about doing it. I may end up having to fab (or have fabbed) a little metal lock box of some sort. I ordered a thin safe but I still think it's going to be to big for that hole. However, as long as the door that opens on that box has clearance then I can attach the box under the console piece so that just the door is visible....and works.

Mostly just a project to play with but could turn into something....

TyCorr

Reaction score
I hear ya. Been there, done that and wound up doing what I suggested. The security was more important that the being incognito to me.

To each his own.

Duckdawg

Reaction score
Might wanna check your states laws, I know a couple states it's illegal to have a hidden compartment in your vehicle. Just somthin to consider in case the cops ever search your truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truckman1974

Reaction score
Will check it out. I think it'll be ok though. I mean, really all I'd be doing is modifying a hidden compartment that came from the factory. Just making it a strong (box), hidden compartment. Thanks for the suggestion...

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
So your going to keep a gun in your console for protection purposes I assume, but its going to be under the arm rest and then in a locked box. Seems useful.

truckman1974

Reaction score
So your going to keep a gun in your console for protection purposes I assume, but its going to be under the arm rest and then in a locked box. Seems useful.

Nope...It will only be locked in the truck (NOT in the armrest, I'm trying to make a lock box under the cup holders of the '12 F250) if I am going into an establishment that restricts concealed carry. Other than that, I carry my pistol.....it's VERY useful.

Duckdawg

Reaction score
I agree it's a good idea, just didn't want him to get in trouble

truckman1974

Reaction score
I agree it's a good idea, just didn't want him to get in trouble

I appreciate it....but I won't get in any trouble. I avoid trouble..... I'm an NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Personal Protection Inside the Home instructor, Texas Concealed Handgun License Instructor and 18+ years in the Army so far (2 more to go and I'm retiring....). I am all about following the rules. I'm careful....thank you though.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I appreciate it....but I won't get in any trouble. I avoid trouble..... I'm an NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Personal Protection Inside the Home instructor, Texas Concealed Handgun License Instructor and 18+ years in the Army so far (2 more to go and I'm retiring....). I am all about following the rules. I'm careful....thank you though.

Good stuff.
My Dad is NRA's National Manager of NRA's Training Department. He's actually in the Personal Protection Inside/Outside the Home books.

He's the guy that looks like Mr. Miagi and Steven Seagal had a kid.

truckman1974

Reaction score
Good stuff.
My Dad is NRA's National Manager of NRA's Training Department. He's actually in the Personal Protection Inside/Outside the Home books.

He's the guy that looks like Mr. Miagi and Steven Seagal had a kid.

Lol...that's funny right there! Ask him a question for me....as soon as I got qualified to be an NRA Instructor, I got deployed. I think you have to teach your first class within a year as part of the requirement as an instructor but I have been deployed. What, if anything, do I need to do let NRA know so they do not cancel my qualifications as an instructor? Shoot me a PM if you find out an answer b/c I can't keep up with all the post I have commented on so will probably lose track of this post....Thanks!

dsberman94

Reaction score
Maybe just wait on this till you get home and can see what your dealing with. You haven't even laid eyes on this truck yet. The thread(s) will be here to remind you of it for later.

truckman1974

Reaction score
Maybe just wait on this till you get home and can see what your dealing with. You haven't even laid eyes on this truck yet. The thread(s) will be here to remind you of it for later.

That's probably what WILL end up happening......Really, I'm just looking for something to pass the time over here (other than Ebola). Whether I totally messed it up or it came out kind of cool at least it would be something to do....you know?

Latest posts

Members online