What Do You Tow?

farm boy

Reaction score
I'm still around. Been focusing on other stuff besides the truck as of lately. Mainly work and expanding my cow operation.
All the talk now days is of the new trucks, so I don't have much to add to those posts...

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I'm still around. Been focusing on other stuff besides the truck as of lately. Mainly work and expanding my cow operation.
All the talk now days is of the new trucks, so I don't have much to add to those posts...

I'm on the same boat, with you 100%. Don't have much to add to the new truck talk either.
Good seeing some of the original guys like yourself still around here though.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
DSCN0904.jpg

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Haven't seen you around in awhile!
I was thinking the same thing
There's still some 7.3 talk going on

TurboM700

Reaction score
My tow for the weekend. Finally got possesion of my dads first car. Last time its been on the road was 1970 was moved in 1984 where it has sat since. Its now mine hopefully it doesnt sit for another 30 yrs.
IMG_4182_zps137b7ed6.jpg

Washing 40yrs of dust off of her!!
IMG_4181_zps010d3905.jpg

Unloading it!! Who needs ramps when you have a tractor :)
IMG_4183_zps95425f07.jpg

In here finally spot for a few yrs.
IMG_4184_zpsda9b2fe7.jpg

eng53ine

Reaction score
^Nice

02 ccsb, lariat, 7.3 auto, 4x4, 4" duals, 6637, IH bellowed up pipes, RiffRaff billet wheel.

vcassens

Reaction score
I know its an old post and I hate to say it, but thats not loaded correctly. You've got the truck pulled way too far forward. With that trailer, you keep as much weight as possible on it. Theres no need to have that much pin weight on the truck.

it doesn't really have that much pin weight on it. Probably more than needed but it towed quite well. I only went about 20 miles and was loading in the rain so I just wanted it on the trailer LOL. I normally watch the tow vehicle when loading it and when it starts pushing down on the tow vehicle is where I stop. I loaded it on forward first and the suspension on the 6.0 wasn't happy at all LOL thats why it is backed on. Also I am always open to some constructive criticism LOL

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I know its an old post and I hate to say it, but thats not loaded correctly. You've got the truck pulled way too far forward. With that trailer, you keep as much weight as possible on it. Theres no need to have that much pin weight on the truck.

If the truck on the trailer were flipped around I would agree with you, but since it is backed on I would say there's nothing wrong with were it is sitting.
Actually looks like it is sitting quite well compared to some loads I've seen.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Some of you people crack me up with your trailer loading knowledge. Please critic this load. LOL

51f15281408d8475579c77479a7b5fba.jpg

What load leveling bags do you have, seem to be holding up pretty well.

I just swapped to a lighter leaf spring pack on my truck, and added bags. I'm hoping I like it.

Hillbilly Deluxe

Reaction score
If the truck on the trailer were flipped around I would agree with you, but since it is backed on I would say there's nothing wrong with were it is sitting.
Actually looks like it is sitting quite well compared to some loads I've seen.

Nothing wrong with backing it on, but if it were 3ft back, all the weight would be on the trailer and it wouldnt squat the truck at all.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.