600 HP with the DPF on?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
If you refer back it will be on a 64mm 2015 unit. I will be tuning it with MCC for now. Dont get me wrong its going to take some time but i think it will be fine. And im sure the 600 hp tune will be a track/dyno tune only or a light right foot to keep it from soot loading.

Keep in mind Morgans 2015 made 540 with the dpf on and superchip tuning...

Hopefully you can avoid the bent rod mod!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah, eventually i will probably build a motor. the power down low will have to be much lower and ramp in higher. The Curve will not be ideal but want to see what we can do.

Craig made 640 with dual pumps and a s467 so i think the hp can be made.

Danny26

Reaction score
I know duramax tuner has done it on an LML with a twin kit and dual pumps. The videos of it look awesome with clean quiet power. Hopefully it works out well on the 6.7. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, eventually i will probably build a motor. the power down low will have to be much lower and ramp in higher. The Curve will not be ideal but want to see what we can do.

Craig made 640 with dual pumps and a s467 so i think the hp can be made.

"keeping it stock." "not this time." "i've had it with modded trucks." "getting a gasser."

all these and plenty more have been said. glad to see you excited again.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
"keeping it stock." "not this time." "i've had it with modded trucks." "getting a gasser."

all these and plenty more have been said. glad to see you excited again.

Honestly if i wouldnt have had the warranty fiasco at the dealer a few months ago this wouldnt have happened. But yes im glad to be excited again over diesels. I was losing some interest.

Countryboy07

Reaction score
Very cool! I love clean power from diesel engines. A little puff if you stab the throttle wouldn't be bad, but kids/immature adults running around in diesels blowing smoke on anything and everything has really put a hurt on the diesel community. Hope everything works out like you are planning!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Very cool! I love clean power from diesel engines. A little puff if you stab the throttle wouldn't be bad, but kids/immature adults running around in diesels blowing smoke on anything and everything has really put a hurt on the diesel community. Hope everything works out like you are planning!

I agree with you, and if i have to remove the dpf and do just that im ok with it and i know it can be done. I just like to be a little different is all.

Reaction score
Well I think this is absolutely possible. Hands down. After some sweet talking I was able to send Dustin a StreetMax kit. He will be piloting one of our first two 25% over pumps which are capable of 650+. He has full access to a dyno, 2015 base files for mcc, and a very good tuning knowledge at hand.

Also keep in mind that I made 540/1015 with the dpf on with my 2015, towed 20K while never de tuning and running better mpg than stock. Obviously you can't floor it everywhere or you can soot load the dpf. But with sensible driving there is absolutely no reason it will not last. You just cannot rag on it at every stop light.

I'm super excited to see these results. And glad I can be a part in helping make this happen. It was a goal for my 2015 but now since Dustin is doing it, I am piloting dpf off tunes and going for 650+ on stock appearing... Rods allowing of course...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Well I think this is absolutely possible. Hands down. After some sweet talking I was able to send Dustin a StreetMax kit. He will be piloting one of our first two 25% over pumps which are capable of 650+. He has full access to a dyno, 2015 base files for mcc, and a very good tuning knowledge at hand.

Also keep in mind that I made 540/1015 with the dpf on with my 2015, towed 20K while never de tuning and running better mpg than stock. Obviously you can't floor it everywhere or you can soot load the dpf. But with sensible driving there is absolutely no reason it will not last. You just cannot rag on it at every stop light.

I'm super excited to see these results. And glad I can be a part in helping make this happen. It was a goal for my 2015 but now since Dustin is doing it, I am piloting dpf off tunes and going for 650+ on stock appearing... Rods allowing of course...

I need a like button!

mike@haller's

Reaction score
I think all the control is there to make it happen. Gonna take some fine tuning. But I think soot load can be handled to where it won't be too hard on the dpf.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
This is a cool project, I figured it was a matter of time after they f'd you over that whole warantee crap.

Latest posts

Members online