2008 xl grill repair

Isaac313

Reaction score
Has anyone repaired a cracked grill? I have a 08 xl black grill on my truck, and it has a small crack through the top of the D (from duty) up to the top of the grill. I have seen some plastic repair glues/bodyfillers for plastic etc, but wanted to see if anyone has done it. Of course when I'm done I want to paint match my grill to my truck (oxford white) so it should hide well. The other thing is that it is that textured plastic too. I think it should be sandable, but I have yet to pull it off to test it, just wanted to see if anyone has tried it first.

I am planning on painting my bumper white soon (but leaving the plastic step/grip black). I just finished painting my headlights black, with white reflector.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Depending on where the crack is you could maybe use the colored Superduty logo inserts to cover up any smooth/roughness differences? Likely once its painted anything small may never be noticed. If its just a crack and no material missing, take the grill off and repair on the back side and it should even out the crack on the front to where you shouldn't even notice it, if its just a crack.

Isaac313

Reaction score
Yea, I've been told to repair it on the back. But I'm still trying to figure out what stuff to use. I think if I put a little on the front, when I sand it back, it could fill up. Plus I think fusion or duplicolor has a plastic hole filling primer, not sure though.

Latest posts

Members online