cknox121's slow build

Cknox121

Reaction score
Spun bearings?

That's what I would think....I just heard crank was trashed. No reason why. Machine shop is supposed to give me details in the next day or 2 while they track a new one down.

Funny thing is truck ran flawlessly before I tore it down. Oil was always clean, no metal debris, no gaining oil, fuel in oil, etc.... The world may never know.

Edit: HP turbo, no limit intake, and the rest of the gaskets should be here with in the next week and a half. Then will just be waiting on the motor and time. Between work and sporting clays it's going to be hard to find time to finish this thing before December.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Are you sure the oil was clean? Even the unseen debris can destroy a crank. Doesn't take much to fill the clearance between the bearing and crank. I hope they can find a crank for ya bud. They aren't cheap. I cringed when I read that post.

Crack85

Reaction score
That's what I would think....I just heard crank was trashed. No reason why. Machine shop is supposed to give me details in the next day or 2 while they track a new one down.

Funny thing is truck ran flawlessly before I tore it down. Oil was always clean, no metal debris, no gaining oil, fuel in oil, etc.... The world may never know.

Edit: HP turbo, no limit intake, and the rest of the gaskets should be here with in the next week and a half. Then will just be waiting on the motor and time. Between work and sporting clays it's going to be hard to find time to finish this thing before December.

I destroyed a crank once, made a good table after. Then I decided to do a cummins swap with huge compounds n 200% injectors....I felt like Fairies n pixies had come to my rescue. my bad forgot this wasn't my build thread....

Carry on.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Are you sure the oil was clean? Even the unseen debris can destroy a crank. Doesn't take much to fill the clearance between the bearing and crank. I hope they can find a crank for ya bud. They aren't cheap. I cringed when I read that post.

I have a sample from when I drained it to remove block that I'm going to send to blackstone and see how it comes out. Always have used motor craft filter and rotella t6...at least the last 30k I have owned the truck.

How much are we talking for a crank? I mean it really doesn't matter but if it's worth looking for another engine then I may go that route.

I destroyed a crank once, mafe a good table after. Then I decided to do a cummins swap with huge compounds n 200% injectors....my bad forgot this wasn't my build thread....

Carry on.

Bahahaha he said he would save it for me and the pistons. Will make something cool out of it for sure.

webb06

Reaction score
I destroyed a crank once, made a good table after. Then I decided to do a cummins swap with huge compounds n 200% injectors....I felt like Fairies n pixies had come to my rescue. my bad forgot this wasn't my build thread....

Carry on.

LOL

Cknox121

Reaction score
Treed lol. Big chunk of change but still cheaper then a short block.

I'm glad I didn't do the bottom end. There goes my lp system and fuel bowl delete dammit. Oh well. Hopefully nothing else surprising happens.

RSK

Reaction score

Carry on.

Cool story bro, please tell it again?

Motostroker

Reaction score
I have a sample from when I drained it to remove block that I'm going to send to blackstone and see how it comes out. Always have used motor craft filter and rotella t6...at least the last 30k I have owned the truck.

How much are we talking for a crank? I mean it really doesn't matter but if it's worth looking for another engine then I may go that route.

Bahahaha he said he would save it for me and the pistons. Will make something cool out of it for sure.

Rotella is your problem...they removed the zinc years ago. That's why cummins with flat tappet cams started eating them. Switch your oil to motorcraft or schaffers. Stay with motorcraft filters though.

Let's not derail his thread with an oil debate though. Start another one for that. I have chemist that have scientifically broken down several different oils and oil change analysis samples.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Rotella is your problem...they removed the zinc years ago. That's why cummins with flat tappet cams started eating them. Switch your oil to motorcraft or schaffers. Stay with motorcraft filters though.

Let's not derail his thread with an oil debate though. Start another one for that. I have chemist that have scientifically broken down several different oils and oil change analysis samples.

Thanks for the info and yes please let's not make this a oil discussion thread.

Sent you a pm

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

Cknox121

Reaction score
Parts pile is getting larger!
9f240a40ea4c1244ae480efb1f74ecc4.jpg

Cknox121

Reaction score
Custom painted my tip
287771cf33a76c4cb9084a27c6288a53.jpg
e6914dfb620db654b3aaf507c52d6322.jpg

Will at Rudys Diesel almost has me talked into a transmission. RDPbuilt with a Precision converter. He better sale me on it some more lol.

webb06

Reaction score
Custom painted my tip
287771cf33a76c4cb9084a27c6288a53.jpg
e6914dfb620db654b3aaf507c52d6322.jpg

Will at Rudys Diesel almost has me talked into a transmission. RDPbuilt with a Precision converter. He better sale me on it some more lol.

Tip looks great!

Cknox121

Reaction score
Tip looks great!

Thanks!

It was all black. I stripped it, made the tip itself have a brushed look, and painted the outer plate white and the inner plate gold to match truck. Hard to tell though.

Cknox121

Reaction score
RDP Stage 2 Transmission with precision triple disk converter, 59 cast hp vgt, and no limit intake ordered!