6.0 airdog on a 6.4

Powerstroke junkie

Reaction score
I have an airdog 150gph on my old 6.0 and I was wanted to put it on my 6.4. I was wondering if I can buy the line kit for the 6.4 and make it work or not. The pump is the same just the lines are different correct? Thank you for the help

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Where can I buy a line kit or just lines to run them myself

You can do a fuel bowl delete kit and that will take care of it. We carry midwest diesel kits ready to go. Have a similar setup on mine, makes the engine bay much much cleaner. :thumbsup:

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
If its for a 6.0 its not set to 10 psi, its 55 psi as stated. If you don't regulate it down to 10 psi please take a video for us to watch.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
It's an airdog 150 not the airdog 2 165. On that link it says 10psi

I'd just seen this, I appologize for not reading more indepth I thought you said it was a 165 pump. According to the site yes it's set for 10psi. I'd double check though to be 100%, hooking a gauge up to it and see what it's pushing for psi with just the key on. I can't imagine they'd release a pump with only 10psi for a 6.0 or 7.3. That's not nearly the enough fuel for a HEUI truck. But ya never know!

Edit: If you read on their page, For the 150 it says
Supplies fuel to the high pressure pump
That means it's supposed to be used in conjunction with a factory 6.0 or 7.3 fuel pump.
Where as the Air Dog II says
Replaces OE lift pump
But i'd check just to make sure for a peace at mind.

Last edited:

Powerstroke junkie

Reaction score
Both of them are lift pumps because the 6.0 one just feed the high pressure pump just like the 6.4 feeds the high pressure pump and if they both feed at 10psi I don't see the difference. I may be wrong though

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I agree with eric, it's basically a transfer pump to help out the 6.0's lift pump incase it can't keep up supply pressure.

Powerstroke junkie

Reaction score
6.0s don't have lift pumps they just have the high pressure pump. The airdog is the lift pump in that instance because the high pressure pump on the 6.0 pulls it from the tank.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Pardon me HPFP..I think our terminology is just different from one another, to me a HPFP is just another term for injection pump like a CP3, K13, or CP4 pushing thousands of PSI vs. 55-65psi....fuel pump that pulls from the tank feeding the rest of the fuel system to me is a lift pump. Weather that's too the heads in a heui truck, or to a injection pump like a CP3, K13, CP4 or which ever.

Reguardless, as long as it doesn't push more than 10psi, it will be fine as a lift pump on a 6.4.

Last edited:

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
6.0s don't have lift pumps they just have the high pressure pump. The airdog is the lift pump in that instance because the high pressure pump on the 6.0 pulls it from the tank.

The FMFP is a lift pump, every 6.0 came with a lift pump from the factory. The only American diesel trucks still made that don't are the Duramax.

Powerstroke junkie

Reaction score
The FMFP is a lift pump, every 6.0 came with a lift pump from the factory. The only American diesel trucks still made that don't are the Duramax.
What I ment by that is the pump sucking from the tank is the same pump that is pressurizing the fuel rail. so by adding an airdog it is acting like a lift pump to the pressure pump that fills the rail

Latest posts