75mm on stock fuel

B585Ford

Reaction score
What are your goals? If it is power, then yes, duals and 30s would definitely help

sootie

Reaction score
yes it will help but the gains over say a 72 are not that massive. i noticed an improvement with my barder 73 coming from an elite 71

3brorce

Reaction score
Especially if that 75 has a larger turbine you are going to notice a difference.

Nic

Reaction score
Well from what I've read, some of the 72s, 73s just have a bigger housing? The 75 apparently has a larger turbine which is where the real difference comes from so you and a few others have said.

B585Ford

Reaction score
If your goal is powa, I think either would make you happy. Like said already, on stock fuel there doesn't appear to be huge differences going from a 72 to 75 or 76, but you will gain some HP from the bigger drop ins.
I really like my current setup because spool up is so good yet power is definitely more the 71 I had.

Reaction score
75 actually has a physically larger compressor wheel than the 76... And it has a larger (77mm vs 74mm) turbine than all other factory appearing chargers.

It really will support more air flow. But in stock fuel, yes, more than your 71. But not huge (50+ hp) gains.

IMO you need a minimum 59mm vgt to really gain the power available with a 75.

The 72 is also for the money a great option and will make a nice gain.

Lmk, we have them all on the shelf ready to ship.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
i went from a 71 to a 76 and there is major difference.

lag is barely noticeable but when it lights you can really feel the truck move. much more than with the 71.

also the 76 LOVES fuel, where as the 71 drove fine with the truck on "stock" tuning, the 76 actually likes the low end boost fueling and the "hotter tunes"

i agree the 59 is going to wake the charger up as it will get rid of the majority of the low end lag. (and i say lag lightly. if anyone has ever driven anything non vgt and than drives something with a 75 or 76 they will not consider this much lag at all)

B585Ford

Reaction score
I got so much grief over 15%s and no dual hpfp. Does this help you at all? JD told me he lost power doing this.

Spool up is extremely important me to, especially since this is a street truck/tow pig. That being said, the nozzles are one of my favorite mods I have ever done. Going from a 71 and stock fuel to 15% and a 76...two things are very evident:
1. Spool up is very fast (faster than any previous setup I had) and with Matt's tuning I am not smoking any more than I used to.
2. Top end is much more powerful than before. I may be losing a little top end from the nozzles and JD's testing did reveal some drop using Elite's nozzles on the top end. I am not running Elites' nozzles. If I am losing anything on the top end from the nozzles, the 76 must be making up for it cause the truck acclerates harder on the top end. I still need to get Matt to tweak my tune to find the PW where I can maintain RP (I am thinking about 2.1). I feel confident that if I could live tune or do some tweaking, the 15% nozzles will be just as good if not better on the top end (compared to stock nozzles).

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
75 actually has a physically larger compressor wheel than the 76... And it has a larger (77mm vs 74mm) turbine than all other factory appearing chargers.

It really will support more air flow. But in stock fuel, yes, more than your 71. But not huge (50+ hp) gains.

IMO you need a minimum 59mm vgt to really gain the power available with a 75.

The 72 is also for the money a great option and will make a nice gain.

Lmk, we have them all on the shelf ready to ship.

Thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Members online