Rad, EGR Delete, Therostats, etc

BigPSD

Reaction score
I have a cracked rad right now in the truck. I'll looking to install an all aluminum unit this time. While Im in there I figured I might aswell finally do an EGR Delete also and Thermostats again.

Been out of the whole scene for awhile what rad would you guys recommend?? And, what online dealer is leading the way in customer service and has free shipping to the border?

Looking to buy

1x Alradco or Mishimoto Rad (($795 on Amazon, Price match?
3-4x Flo Pro EGR Deletes with Elbow and Charge Tube
1x Thermostat sets...
Maybe...
1xSet of Amp Steps

PS. While im in there is it worth looking at the water pump or anything else?? The truck got a new long block about 120,000kms ago

Thanks for all your help guys...:ford:

Last edited:

Stroked777

Reaction score
List looks good to me. Maybe replace the water pump if it's original. I'm not sure if they are out for. 6.4 but I know they have billet pumps for a 6.0. Maybe worth the upgrade

There are a lot if dealers on here with awesome service and if they didn't they wouldn't be sponsors here long.. and most offer PSA member discounts. Check the classifies as well

webb06

Reaction score
I'd recommend checking out your front cab mounts. Chances are they are rotten which led to your rad failing.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Alradco over Mishimoto, especially for service. Actually driving to the border for an Alradco order next week if your in AB by any chance?

Thermostats are no fun with EGR on so good idea while your in there messing around. If your going water pump/thermo, you may as well do belts, idlers, tensioners and possibly an ATI/Fluidampr depending on your mileage on your pulley, wallet and comfort, you'll have it all apart anyways. Need new bolts for the pulley if you do. Just check for cavitation when you pull your WP, should be OK hopefully at 120km then reassemble.

webb06

Reaction score
Alradco over Mishimoto, especially for service. Actually driving to the border for an Alradco order next week if your in AB by any chance?

Thermostats are no fun with EGR on so good idea while your in there messing around. If your going water pump/thermo, you may as well do belts, idlers, tensioners and possibly an ATI/Fluidampr depending on your mileage on your pulley, wallet and comfort, you'll have it all apart anyways. Need new bolts for the pulley if you do. Just check for cavitation when you pull your WP, should be OK hopefully at 120km then reassemble.

What's your reasoning behind replacing the crankshaft pulley?

Stroked777

Reaction score
Rubber can wear out, maybe sees it's as cheap insurance. I seen Chevy motors in kodiacs walk the pulling off te inside of the balancer that mounts to the crank. I don't see it being necessary, but I see the reasoning

webb06

Reaction score
Rubber can wear out, maybe sees it's as cheap insurance. I seen Chevy motors in kodiacs walk the pulling off te inside of the balancer that mounts to the crank. I don't see it being necessary, but I see the reasoning

Just curious. Never seen or heard of it happening on a power stroke

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Just preventative, my truck has over 200k on it and the rubber was starting to show minor cracks but it was showing some age so I did it while I was in there.

BigPSD

Reaction score
Great guys, thanks for all the posts! I'll try and contact all the suppliers and see what packages they can swing! Glad to see the Powerstroke community is still going strong over on this forum!