Trans Temp.

rwoods5

Reaction score
My truck is d e l e t ed and tuned with S P A R T A N. I have a MPD sxe turbo kit and a no limit intake. Over the weekend I added a H&S low pressure fuel pump and now my truck and transmission is getting hotter than it use to. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_4110.jpg
    IMG_4110.jpg
    829.4 KB · Views: 103

rwoods5

Reaction score
Im not for sure. I bought the truck with 90,000 miles and have not changed it since I have had it.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Change the oil, can't hurt as it's probably a good idea regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Not sure if my truck has ever had it changed in its 100k, good idea to change it out? I know on 4R's it was always a crap shoot from what I heard from shops, I know these trucks are a lot different than the older stuff

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Not sure if my truck has ever had it changed in its 100k, good idea to change it out? I know on 4R's it was always a crap shoot from what I heard from shops, I know these trucks are a lot different than the older stuff

Well considering I've changed mine twice in 85K and I'm gonna go for a third change soon, yes I would change that out right away. It might look alright on the dipstick but wait until you are shocked at how dark and crappy looking it is when you drain it!

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Well considering I've changed mine twice in 85K and I'm gonna go for a third change soon, yes I would change that out right away. It might look alright on the dipstick but wait until you are shocked at how dark and crappy looking it is when you drain it!

Roger! Drop the pan and do a filter?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
How much oil do you need to change the trans fluid and the fluid in the converter?

sootie

Reaction score
How much oil do you need to change the trans fluid and the fluid in the converter?

18 qts. But not really possible unless you remove the transmission so you wont likely use that much.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Most of my customers drain and fill two or three times. Once when you change the filter then once or twice more after if replacing old oil. With a tighter pm it's just a drain and fill

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Quick tutorial on what LV.
LV is low viscosity. It's for MPG and emissions requirements. The spec is super loose and not impressive at all. Honda trans oil has three times the spec from a quality perspective.

Here's the limited info available on Valvoline max Life LV.
5 cSt at 100c, 28 at 40c, that's the low vis spec for LV. But, the VI is only 156... so what happens when it gets really cold, Brookfield is 10k plus at -40.
9ddff295d1a9389cb7ff6088bb6641b2.jpg

Here is 1150. Vis is higher at 40 and 100 by nearly 20%. So it's not for emissions, doesn't meet the spec. But will hold vis at op temp and will hold better film strength by 20%. Now, what happens when it's really cold.... we'll look at that, it's vis is significantly lower at -40c.... why, because of the ridiculously robust base oil it's made with. 186 VI. So it's viscosity changes much less over temp.
2890f89a5d476eec4a4d71de74e0d734.jpg

When you start looking into the wide vi characteristics of these oils, the high quality ones start to shine pretty bright.