New setup (going single turbo)

Somd_6.4

Reaction score
18x10 classic 2s with Mickey Thompson et streets radials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somd_6.4

Reaction score
0d6846d0e6dd705657d1e8ed41a72836.jpg

Well I scooped up a 4r and pcs for the reg cab. Pretty excited to get the ball rolling on this thing.

Somd_6.4

Reaction score
Quick question for you guys. Have any of you had trouble with a brake pedal that goes to the floor and doesn't harden up all the way. Thought about replacing booster and master cylinder since bleeding the brakes and new rotors and pads didn't work

08Monster

Reaction score
Quick question for you guys. Have any of you had trouble with a brake pedal that goes to the floor and doesn't harden up all the way. Thought about replacing booster and master cylinder since bleeding the brakes and new rotors and pads didn't work

YES. I thought I was the only one that had that issue in my 6.4. If I would floor it and accelerate for a while, and let off the gas to get into the brake, the pedal would go to the floor and not stop me at all for probably 2-3 seconds, than the brakes would start applying

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Somd_6.4

Reaction score
YES. I thought I was the only one that had that issue in my 6.4. If I would floor it and accelerate for a while, and let off the gas to get into the brake, the pedal would go to the floor and not stop me at all for probably 2-3 seconds, than the brakes would start applying

Did you solve the issue? Exact same problem im having.

Last edited:

Somd_6.4

Reaction score
Nope, just learned to drive around it.

None of my other 6.4s do it just this one so I'm gonna replace a couple things and see if I can figure it out

08Monster

Reaction score
Drive around temporarily not having brakes?!?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
It only happens when you floor it, let off and hit the brakes right away. Just don't floor it when you know you have to rapidly slow down afterwards and you are fine. You shouldn't be acclerating hard when you are coming to a stop anyway.

btoler4th

Reaction score
Mine does same thing intermittently, pedal goes further down than you want for sure. Have to pump the brakes a touch sometimes then I'm good. On same mission to replace a few things as well in the braking dept to firm up pedal. Hopefully that'll solve it.

btoler4th

Reaction score
Sounds unsettling, but maybe it's not as dramatic as I'm imagining

Don't get me wrong- it'll draw your mess up, and catch you off guard so to speak. I know to expect it at certain times, and curb my driving style to it. However, when I'm showing my a$$ and hitting the brakes real hard after a hard pull I've dialed it in to stop accurately and safely. Either way it's annoying and bothersome.

NC Firefighter

Reaction score
One of our work trucks did this same thing, would also try to jerk the steering wheel if it happened while turning. Ended up replacing the hydro boost module. Shop we deal with said they've seen it before and took some of them apart and it's always a rusty check valve inside the booster that causes it. They said moisture in the PS fluid causes the rust over time and the valve tries to stick. I'd never heard of something like this before but after they replaced the booster everything works like it should.

Latest posts

Members online