K16 HPFP Replacement

Black AOD

Reaction score
I'm bringing this thread back up to date...

My truck should finally be back in my hands by the end of this week or next week. I had a Torque Converter debacle that slowed progress on the Rail Pressure issue but it turned out I did need two brand new K16's which I had purchased from RAE.

I've discovered that in this whole Debacle, RAE does not use Chinese junk parts as someone had previously alluded to nor do they sell to the general auto parts stores. RAE themselves is actually just an online supplier for the smaller company who actually does the work on these pumps and other items.

The tech I talked to actually works for a company called Flight Diesel. I am not sure who actually does the reman process but their work and knowledge has been superb so far. My pumps were damaged in transit to me and had to be sent back and both received fresh Brand New PCV's (Where they sourced them from is a long story) and they were also flow tested on a bench to ensure they were still functioning properly.

Both pumps will be back on the truck this week and should be G2G.

When we had them on before, they were supporting 100% RCD injectors with ease and a set of 63mm VGT/7675 Precision compounds. In case anyone doubted them.

Rubenk

Reaction score
I'm bringing this thread back up to date...

My truck should finally be back in my hands by the end of this week or next week. I had a Torque Converter debacle that slowed progress on the Rail Pressure issue but it turned out I did need two brand new K16's which I had purchased from RAE.

I've discovered that in this whole Debacle, RAE does not use Chinese junk parts as someone had previously alluded to nor do they sell to the general auto parts stores. RAE themselves is actually just an online supplier for the smaller company who actually does the work on these pumps and other items.

The tech I talked to actually works for a company called Flight Diesel. I am not sure who actually does the reman process but their work and knowledge has been superb so far. My pumps were damaged in transit to me and had to be sent back and both received fresh Brand New PCV's (Where they sourced them from is a long story) and they were also flow tested on a bench to ensure they were still functioning properly.

Both pumps will be back on the truck this week and should be G2G.

When we had them on before, they were supporting 100% RCD injectors with ease and a set of 63mm VGT/7675 Precision compounds. In case anyone doubted them.

Good to hear! Those new PCVs, is that something they will always do? And can you elaborate on their source?

Black AOD

Reaction score
Good to hear! Those new PCVs, is that something they will always do? And can you elaborate on their source?
DM me if you wanna know more....its not something they can do right now but very soon they should be able to. Alliant Power should be able to as well very soon

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
So does this mean we will be able to swap pcv and vcv without changing the whole pump in the future?

I've been told the VCV cannot be done new by several people and manufacturers in the industry, not sure if that's true or not though.

VCV can be done reman, I know that much. But in theory yes, I think once new PCV's can easily sourced, the PCV and VCV could be replaced without replacing the whole pump assembly itself.

Rubenk

Reaction score
Why PM?

Good info that we could all benefit from. I dont care so much as to the specific source, as long as we know its reliable and they'll be able to rebuild with them in the future.

Thanks!

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
ford has redone and made changes to there pumps as well. They also have a different company now building them. As well as there reman motors etc. There were a couple things that the new pump builder is changing to make them more reliable ill see if we have the sheet floating around that was sent out

Black AOD

Reaction score
ford has redone and made changes to there pumps as well. They also have a different company now building them. As well as there reman motors etc. There were a couple things that the new pump builder is changing to make them more reliable ill see if we have the sheet floating around that was sent out

Hmm.

Black AOD

Reaction score
So as an update...

Put about 1000 Miles on the truck already in the past week since getting it out to go Play at UCC.....Both RAE Reman Pumps are holding Steady RP and supporting 100% Nozzles with my 76/63 Compounds with ease. No leaks, nothing abnormal. So far so good. White Mamba has a good video of what the new 100% output for smoke....330mm of fuel ain't no joke lol.

My truck ended up needing a new PCM for some stupid reason to fix my rail pressure issue. I have no idea why but this exact issue has now happened to me and Kyle (6.4 Stroker) and one other person Kyle knows about.

I'd like to thank him (Kyle) for helping me out through this as it was getting very frustrating diagnosing the issue after 2 new pumps and and a slew of other new fuel system parts didn't fix the issue.

Last edited:

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
So as an update...

Put about 1000 Miles on the truck already in the past week since getting it out to go Play at UCC.....Both RAE Reman Pumps are holding Steady RP and supporting 100% Nozzles with my 76/63 Compounds with ease. No leaks, nothing abnormal. So far so good. White Mamba has a good video of what the new 100% output for smoke....330mm of fuel ain't no joke lol.

My truck ended up needing a new PCM for some stupid reason to fix my rail pressure issue. I have no idea why but this exact issue has now happened to me and Kyle (6.4 Stroker) and one other person Kyle knows about.

I'd like to thank him (Kyle) for helping me out through this as it was getting very frustrating diagnosing the issue after 2 new pumps and and a slew of other new fuel system parts didn't fix the issue.

Glad to hear she's running flawless for you!!
PCM's can be really troublesome to pinpoint.
Now, if we could just keep you from trying to sell it! LOL

Black AOD

Reaction score
Glad to hear she's running flawless for you!!
PCM's can be really troublesome to pinpoint.
Now, if we could just keep you from trying to sell it! LOL

Make my 6.4 quit being a money pit and I will keep it lol

I just really wish I had a bought a crew cab :/

Black AOD

Reaction score
Well to update this thread...

4 months later and several thousand miles later on these pumps....Still holding up awesome. Same turbos as before, Elite High Powers 2.0, 100% RCD Nozzles, and both pumps from RAE/Flight Diesel. I have had ZERO issues so far. Made almost 900HP with this setup. Maintains Full RP at 24.5k RP and slightly above on my big 2.3PW tune.

I will say now I've been seeing that Alliant Power is in full swing of building their own in-house k16s and selling them I believe so there are now two reliable sources of K16's, AP and RAE/Flight Diesel now.

Rubenk

Reaction score
Glad to hear the update! Any more info about Alliant now rebuilding them properly?

Black AOD

Reaction score
Glad to hear the update! Any more info about Alliant now rebuilding them properly?

Yeah Alliant Power is doing full in house rebuild/reman to OE Siemens specs from what I understand, it utilizes the snap ring style front seal, brand new PCV and VCV and pretty much all new internal parts, they are subjected to a plethora of tests. And everything is in house so according to the AP rep I talked to it should help them cut costs down so they can beat Ford Reman Prices.

Rubenk

Reaction score
Yeah Alliant Power is doing full in house rebuild/reman to OE Siemens specs from what I understand, it utilizes the snap ring style front seal, brand new PCV and VCV and pretty much all new internal parts, they are subjected to a plethora of tests. And everything is in house so according to the AP rep I talked to it should help them cut costs down so they can beat Ford Reman Prices.

Thats good news all around, wonder how the prices will end up.

Latest posts

Members online