6.4 blowing white smoke when cold

bigblue75

Reaction score
2008 f350 cclb blowes white smoke when cold when it gets warmed up it quites it has a signal turbo egr ******d and straight pipe mild h&s tune

bigblue75

Reaction score
it has a whitish gray smoke. not that I can tell and the truck seems to run ok The coolant level is fine I am doing town driving it seems to start to do this after driving about 4 blocks When I get to run it it seems to go away

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
it has a whitish gray smoke. not that I can tell and the truck seems to run ok The coolant level is fine I am doing town driving it seems to start to do this after driving about 4 blocks When I get to run it it seems to go away

is it humid or raining when this occurs?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
I've seen where if there's alot of water in the bottom of the intercooler, it will look like smoke but it's steam.

Pull your lower IC boot off, and see what comes out.

I just pulled the lower one off our 450, and I'll bet a good qt or 2 of shtuff poured out. It puffed white when it turned left hard when cold.

As was said earlier, try to be able to stick your face in it, even if you need to have a buddy follow you in a chase car while your driving in the wrong lane.

Reaction score
How many miles are on the truck? I've seen a lot of worn out motors (especially 6.4's) smoke when cold then clean up when it warms up and the rings seal.

Latest posts

Members online