Washing/Detailing

04cr450

Reaction score
I would love to find a reasonably priced system for that. I don't mind washing it, it's they drying that I hate. A deionized would work, but those are quite expensive.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Use a leaf blower to dry vehicle. Makes it fun and no spots at all. Been doing this for years now. I love washing vehicles but hate drying as well.

04cr450

Reaction score
Waterless and rinseless are two different things.

If you have mud, of course you need a full wash. But even then. You could pressure wash the truck down, then proceed to rinseless wash.

Look up the Garry Dean method for Rinse less washing.

99% of people scratch their vehicles washing it the old fashion way. Even then it's Not safe.

I'm OCD too. But use rinseless washes without hesitation.

01e4e70ffb8efe21a8d8237dfec64c2e.jpg

This car has only had Rinseless washes since new. Zero swirls or scratches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i totally get what you are saying but you will not scratch a vehicle when washing with soap and water if you use a microfiber rang or a broken in fiber sponge( i use that).
Also, pictures of vehicle paint online / photos will always look amazing, its when you get up and close with a paint surface when you will see imperfections. My truck that is brand new was not in the best of shape and needed paint correction and 4 layers of skin on it to shine like it should. But pictures even up close- the paint looked perfect.
Also, most car owners do not necessarily scratch their paint when washing.. its drying the car. This is why i always blow dry it, it works. I just think that a good old micro fiber towel with a high quality spray wax can clean the car just as if not more effectively as the rinse less wash. Am i way off? It may be just my ignorance lol

PSDEng

Reaction score
So I did a two stage paint correction on Saturday. I started with v34 and an orange pad then finished with v38 and a white pad. I had some issues with the v34 drying out real quick and flinging specks of product dust everywhere. I was using pad condition and obviously I wasn't doing it in direct sunlight.

Has anybody ever had this type of issue with this polish/pad combo?

Jomax

Reaction score
I'll try that tonight when I wash it!

Only works well if the truck has a coat of wax or sealant. Doesn't work too well if it doesn't.

Jomax

Reaction score
So I did a two stage paint correction on Saturday. I started with v34 and an orange pad then finished with v38 and a white pad. I had some issues with the v34 drying out real quick and flinging specks of product dust everywhere. I was using pad condition and obviously I wasn't doing it in direct sunlight.

How much product are you using? Less is more.

Jomax

Reaction score
The leaf worked ok, but I definitely need a bigger one. Took almost an hour.

Yup, unless you have a freshly waxed truck (less then 3 months. It doesn't work too good.

Bet bet is DI filter and just walk away. In Az the water is so hard, that in 5min there are water spots that start etching.

ckrueg

Reaction score
Yup, unless you have a freshly waxed truck (less then 3 months. It doesn't work too good.

Bet bet is DI filter and just walk away. In Az the water is so hard, that in 5min there are water spots that start etching.

What wax do you recommend, the stuff I use seems to be stripped off within a month. I've been waxing once a month but it just doesn't last

Jomax

Reaction score
What wax do you recommend, the stuff I use seems to be stripped off within a month. I've been waxing once a month but it just doesn't last

Meguiars ultimate paste wax gives me 3 months in AZ. For an over the counter product. It's amazing. It goes on THIN, smells amazing, can be applied in the sun, and is super easy to remove.

When waxing I will clay the truck first, you need to test the paint with a ziplock bag to see how contaminated it is and go from there. If you clay, most of the time you need to follow with a polish. Depends on how anal you are.

Jomax

Reaction score
Four dots per let's say an area 20-25% the size of the hood.

Did you first prime the pad with product? Spread out product like you're putting butter on a piece of bread. Then put your 4 dots. Never used this particular product.

I personally hate chemical guys. So much marketing for an okay product. The meguiars ultimate line will make any newbie get stellar results. Megs ultimate compound followed by ultimate polish, and topped with megs ultimate wax(really it's a synthetic sealant) will make any vehicle beautiful.

Best of all? It's cheap!!!

I use meguiars professional line, there's more of a learning curve though. Plus some of their compounds if you aren't careful can eat up your clear lol.

Another good brand for compounds and polishes is Griots Garage and Menzerna.

So much to learn in the auto detailing world!

Jomax

Reaction score
Interesting, had to google that.

Try it, it's crazy how rough the paint is. Wax will only last on how good the paint is prepped. It's kind be like painting something without priming. Won't last as long.

04cr450

Reaction score
This is why you "seal" your clear coat. .. it's not waxing, you can never have enough sealant on your paint. You can technically seal your paint every time you wash the vehicle. Granted if ther are no scratches or dirt, acid rain to take out first.

TripleE44

Reaction score

I had dusting with Chemical Guys V line of polishes. I've since moved on from them to Shine Supply mainly.

Did you first prime the pad with product? Spread out product like you're putting butter on a piece of bread. Then put your 4 dots. Never used this particular product.

I personally hate chemical guys. So much marketing for an okay product. The meguiars ultimate line will make any newbie get stellar results. Megs ultimate compound followed by ultimate polish, and topped with megs ultimate wax(really it's a synthetic sealant) will make any vehicle beautiful.

Best of all? It's cheap!!!

I use meguiars professional line, there's more of a learning curve though. Plus some of their compounds if you aren't careful can eat up your clear lol.

Another good brand for compounds and polishes is Griots Garage and Menzerna.

So much to learn in the auto detailing world!

I've grown to hate Chemical guys also. 20 different types of everything, all advertised to have their own specific uses. Overhyped and all that. I bought into it at one point, obviously.

I've moved onto Shine Supply and CarPro just like Blake said earlier in the thread. Shine Supply polishes and compounds seem to be a lot more efficient, and even the heavier ones finish down incredibly well. The rest of their stuff is good too, but the tire cleaner and polishes are really my favorites.

I've used the megs polishes, but I never really seemed to get great results from them. Not really sure why, seems like I hear a lot of people loving them.

Last edited:

PSDEng

Reaction score
Interesting.... I've had pretty good experiences with the rest of the v line.....and the other products I've used from CG. I know they do a good job at marketing, but beyond that I still think they have good products. Either way I'm going to try and use more pad conditioner the next time I use v34 and see if that reduces some of the dusting.