Motorcraft vs Bendix Rotors

ja_cain

Reaction score
Need to pic up new set of front rotors asap. Buddy can get me Motorcraft for $80 or Bendix for $53 tomorrow. Just wonder what I should go with. Already have Motorcraft sever duty pads. Thanks for any advice.

Justin

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Need to pic up new set of front rotors asap. Buddy can get me Motorcraft for $80 or Bendix for $53 tomorrow. Just wonder what I should go with. Already have Motorcraft sever duty pads. Thanks for any advice.

Justin

The motor craft are the cheap China ones. No better then auto parts stores.

I like the Bosch rotors from oriellys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. The Bosch are made in China too. Have ever used the Motorcraft units?

George4

Reaction score
I run the cryo frozen rotors. Love them, they cost more but it would be very hard to get them to warp.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Joe. I went ahead ad orders the Motorcraft through my buddies parts guy. Also got the updated slide pins. I Think this is probably one of the most important parts.

*edit*

Ment to quote you and Jomax. Sorry about that.

George4

Reaction score
What do u mean? I have been running them on my dually with 22.5s for years with no warp whatsoever. Huge improvement over the normal ones.

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I run the cryo frozen rotors. Love them, they cost more but it would be very hard to get them to warp.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the postal transition transition to cryo rotors several years ago for the same reason and saw over a 100% increase in serviceability?

ToMang07

Reaction score
I don't think you can get US made rotors anymore. At least not common ones. :doh:

ja_cain

Reaction score
Front Motorcraft rotors that are oe have f in the part number.

Front:

3e1053cc4cc6f0c13ffebb50674c0a52.jpg

Rear:

4748376a4be313768c795c755bd69204.jpg

ja_cain

Reaction score
Got 2 sets of the updated slide pins for $16 a piece.

George4

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the postal transition transition to cryo rotors several years ago for the same reason and saw over a 100% increase in serviceability?

I did not know about that so I just Googled it. They ended up lasting 5 times longer on the postal vehicles. I did my front brakes a few years ago with great results, but I had a rear caliper hang up this weekend so I just ordered the slotted cryo rear rotors for the yesterday. I don't have alot of time to mess with swapping rotors out when they warp so I am happy spending a little more and not have to take it apart again.

Last edited: