Single Battery Conversion Help

krasselt21

Reaction score
wondering if it is possible to just run a single battery, I would like to eliminate the passenger side battery. what has to be done?

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Pull the battery out and done. Just make sure you protect the battery ends if you decide to keep them in place. I ran my truck for a year or so on one battery and the truck did not care all I got was a check brake system message while cranking sometimes.

krasselt21

Reaction score
How did you wire yours? did you run everything over to battery or just tie together on passenger side?

thewrubelator

Reaction score
I have mine on the frame rail, but you basically can run terminal posts, which will get power from the battery as you'll run you cable to that. You can then daisy chain another post on the passenger side to power your starter and anything else you might have over there.

IMG_7386.JPGIMG_7385.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krasselt21

Reaction score
thanks. that's what I am going to end up doing. use the terminals. its on a dedicated 6.4 sled puller. only gets using in summer.
whats the biggerst battery I can get to fit in battery box? any idea?

lil_fenner08

Reaction score
So I found a super simple way that is very clean to do the battery ******. On amazon there is a 4 post bus bar that I mounted under the PCM with a couple self tappers. Post 1 is going to the starter, post 2 goes to the alternator, 3 goes to the main power wire in the harness on the passenger side that comes up to the battery and post 4 is the feed from the drivers side battery that I zip tied to the heater core line that comes around the back of the engine. Simple as that!!!

gman1

Reaction score
I have mine on the frame rail, but you basically can run terminal posts, which will get power from the battery as you'll run you cable to that. You can then daisy chain another post on the passenger side to power your starter and anything else you might have over there.

View attachment 46866View attachment 46867

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dam thats a nice wiring job you did there!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.