Low power and no codes.. yet

SmokeyStroker

Reaction score
Hey yall,
I have a 06 6.0 that I recently just bought about 2 months ago. I'm a diesel tech for ford but this has me stumped. I have a edge cs programmer and on the extreme setting the truck barely hits 24-25 psi of boost. I replaced both cac pipes due to the plastic one having a hole in it. So that brought boost back from 14 to 25. I have terrible cold start/rough running conditions that clears up ok when the truck reaches temp. My main question is since boost and fuel go hand in hand, could weak injectors be causing this issue. Also, after 2900 rpm under full throttle the truck seems to fall off. I have a laptop and ids that I can use pretty much whenever. Besides icp, what other pids should I watch. I'm thinking this my be a vane issue. Thanks in advance for the help. :blitzed:

slc6oh

Reaction score
Stock turbo and a suck edge tune man im willing to bet thats all its gonna make boost wise man.

Check fuel pressure also. Could very possibly be dropping off

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Check map, baro, ebp pressure koeo. They should be pretty damn close to each other. 06 could have possibly rubbed ebp wiringbthru on the degas hose. Check map hose and port on the intake for plugging. Monitor vgtdc in percentage while road testing. If it goes to 85% or 15% at really any point its sticking. As stated above, cgeck fuel pressure. Also check ficm voltage. That could also be your chitty runnng in the morning. It is possible that the injectors are somewhat plugged, causing a low mass fuel delivered, which would cause the issue as well, but typically that would also show up as a misfire. It is very rare to have all 8 not flowing a ton.

SmokeyStroker

Reaction score
Ficm is OK. 48.5 volts at idle when cold. I'll check Fuel pressure when I get to work tomorrow, And vgt. I am wanting to make around 450 to 500 with the stock snail. I'm assuming I will get told that it's impossible, and probably is, but I have to fix it being sick first.

SLC what tune would you recommend?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

slc6oh

Reaction score
Anything but edge.

Lol

But in all seriousness: idp,gh,tsd, all great tuners, loved my idp on stock turbo, non vgt now and run gh.

Problem with edge (from my understanding) is they dont do anything with the trans. And sooner rather than later youll need a trans... Where with a quality tune the trans will live a fairly good life at 5-550 if not a used too bad

sootie

Reaction score
ditch the edge and buy an SCT with GH tunes. Judging by the stictition you have, i would best your injectors are not running at full pop. Never a bad idea to clean the turbo vanes.

SmokeyStroker

Reaction score
Any methods for cleaning the injectors to get a little more life out of them? I plan on upgrading soon, but if I can save almost 2k by taking them apart to clean them that's what I want to do.

sootie

Reaction score
Any methods for cleaning the injectors to get a little more life out of them? I plan on upgrading soon, but if I can save almost 2k by taking them apart to clean them that's what I want to do.

you cant clean wear.

SmokeyStroker

Reaction score
you cant clean wear.

Obviously man, but the injectors only have about 50k on them. I am going to take them apart and clean them and hope for the best. If they don't fire correctly then I'm getting a set of warren injectors

Not being a smart ass btw. Just the way I talk. My wife was looking over my shoulder and said I sounded like a dousche. :poke:

ghohouston

Reaction score
Its worth a shot. It doesn't fix any of the stiction issues with a 6.0, but the issues become less pronounced sometimes with 5w40. Thinner oil.

webb06

Reaction score

If you're just trying to get buy I'd try some good 5w-40 oil and a bottle of archoil. That will probably help you out a lot

SmokeyStroker

Reaction score
Just trying to make it through the summer with these injectors. Then I will be getting some warren diesel injectors. Haven't decided a size yet, or if I'm sticking with the stock turbo.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.