Black Magnum 2.0 assembly

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Am I wrong in thinking that having a honey badger jr pump that “should” be putting out more pressure than a stock pump and putting another big high output pump on top of it is too much oil for my 300/200’s and that’s why I have too much oil and can’t rid of it? I would think that if I got a high mileage 15* pump i wouldn’t have the same problem.

DieselJpower

Reaction score
The Jr is a time bomb regardless, plus it might have paraphernalia inside it.

Get a bosch 17° or an adrenaline. It's not that the Jr is putting out more then stock pressure, it's the gen3 is so beast mode. In tuning mine I know exactly what a tune calls for, but I'll regularly see 300-500 more psi then desired. Call Matt and ask what the tunes are calling for, he might need to pull it back some. You should also figure out what model halidex pump you put on there. When I bought mine used, I sent it to swamps for a check up and they said mine was 1 of about 5 they built that had a pump "too large" on it. Too much pressure and it caused issues with ipr and wasn't recommend except maybe for sled pulling with huge injectors.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Have you all looked at the pump swamps builds? It’s $1600 - that’s the one I’m salivating about but don’t ever see anyone write about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
With running a gen3 pump the only purpose of the stock pump is to crank the truck. After that the gen3 kicks in and it doesn’t matter what hpop you have. A stock Bosch or a used stock pump is just fine. That’s all I have is a used 17 degree pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psduser1

Reaction score
The Jr is a time bomb regardless, plus it might have paraphernalia inside it.

Get a bosch 17° or an adrenaline. It's not that the Jr is putting out more then stock pressure, it's the gen3 is so beast mode. In tuning mine I know exactly what a tune calls for, but I'll regularly see 300-500 more psi then desired. Call Matt and ask what the tunes are calling for, he might need to pull it back some. You should also figure out what model halidex pump you put on there. When I bought mine used, I sent it to swamps for a check up and they said mine was 1 of about 5 they built that had a pump "too large" on it. Too much pressure and it caused issues with ipr and wasn't recommend except maybe for sled pulling with huge injectors.

To clarify, "too large" simply means that the relief system will not maintain desired pressure, i.e. 3-500 too much psi, lol.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Still have details I don’t know. Do I come out of the IPR outlet with something like this,
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/162776843694

Then t off into a block where the oil coming into the end of the IPR. Gotta find what the dimensions are for the 2 different circumference of the IPR are. One going in and the bleed off for the bigger dimension. Gonna need another port for the bleed off of EACH IPR. If that can be done with one port, idk. The thread linked had the ICP sensor at the block also. That’ll have to be apart of the oil coming in. I’m not a designer of mechanical hydralic blocks. Need to know what thread the IPR is. NPT, SAE, metric or bolt threads. Take the return back to th HPO Rez?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Trying to put together a layout for the dual IPR block. Got some measurements and ideas from the other thread linked

DieselJpower

Reaction score
Figure the tuning out. I have tunes that act funny with the gen3, then switch to another set of tunes and it's perfect. You have an underlying issue or the tuning needs fixed.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I can't remember. But have you explained your symptoms to ge@rhead and gotten tuning revisions ? You've verified things work well minus the gen3, before you add something else to the mix, see if ge@rhead can tune it in. May take a few tries since it's remotely dine. But they will work with you.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Got truck inspected and now it’s legal to drive, so I’ll be driving what I built for now. Competing later.

Latest posts

Members online