Looking for a good diesel shop near Helena, MT

MT_Diesel

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good diesel shop near Helena, Montana? I recently bought a pretty built 2008 6.4L and I have it in at the local dealership having a rough high idle problem looked at. River City Diesel built the truck and I have my local service manager working with RCD to diagnose the problem. RCD is AWESOME for helping me out and working with the dealership as apparently the diagnosis procedures change quite a bit with dual pumps and other parts. This is definitely out of the comfort zone of the the dealership service dept. In the future it would be nice to have a shop nearby that knows what they're doing with a modified 6.4.

And I want to give a big shout out to RCD for going above and beyond what a "typical" shop would do in working with the local dealership. Great bunch of guys over there in Peoria.

equalizier

Reaction score
that's awesome that's what i like to see and hear in the world of diesel performance.

Smokeem

Reaction score
You could try GOS Performance. I know they are in Montana just not sure how close to you. I've bought stuff from them over the years and they have always been super helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MT_Diesel

Reaction score
Good to hear. A local 6.4 owner (my chiropractor actually) that originally turned me on to 6.4's has had work done by them and recommended them. But when I called them a month ago about installing a wastegate, the guy I talked to and another guy in the shop he asked didn't have a frickin clue about 6.4's let alone a fairly modified one like mine. It didn't inspire a lot of confidence! I'll have to check with them again when I decide to do the wastegate.

Have either of you heard anything about Gomer's in Missoula, mt? When I talked to them they at least sounded competent and they have a dyno and do some tuning. Both are about 2 hrs away.

Thanks!

drdiesel

Reaction score
Dooleys diesel in great falls is pretty good also and not to far from Helena. He's going to assist on my 08 6.4 complete motor build. Pm me and I'll give ya his number.

MT_Diesel

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations, guys. Unfortunately the first 2 months of ownership have been a little rocky with the truck being in at the dealership for almost half of that time for repairs. Hopefully I can get these issues worked out so I cam start doing the fun improvements I want to do.