Edge CTS vs Dashdaq for monitoring only - Pros & Cons please

Stroked777

Reaction score
How much did I save? I see the initial price difference (CTS ~$400 and DD ~$550, correct?), but is there more cost involved with the DD after initial purchase, like some sort of access code to get all of the PID's?

Also curious if the CTS can read fuel rail pressure, while in Ford mode. I've seen mixed posts about it on the forum, but nothing in the last several months. Some say yes, some say no. Any experience?

K is for thousand. As in 5.7 thousand psi. 5700psi

buck russell

Reaction score
Bought a dashdaq right after I bought my 6.4 and now I can't live without it.

Definitely think the dashdaq is a better device for the 6.4 platform with the Ford UDS.

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
Digging this thread back up...Has there been any updates to either device recently that make for more pros and cons of each? Just bought a new truck with a mini max and it is just too small for me and the cable from my old black maxx got destroyed and was just wondering my options.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Digging this thread back up...Has there been any updates to either device recently that make for more pros and cons of each? Just bought a new truck with a mini max and it is just too small for me and the cable from my old black maxx got destroyed and was just wondering my options.

you cant run the minimaxx unplugged, it will revert back to the stock power level after 3 key cycles iirc . most in your situation use the xrt pro and the edge cts .

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
you cant run the minimaxx unplugged, it will revert back to the stock power level after 3 key cycles iirc . most in your situation use the xrt pro and the edge cts .

Right now Im running my tunes from my black maxx but the end of the cable got tore out. I plan on ordering gearhead tunes though MCC on my mini max, will those tunes work with the mini max unplugged? This is actually thee first time Ive heard of this, thanks. The reason I have both tuners is the black maxx is from my old totaled truck and the new truck came with the mini. Im leaning more towards the cts though.

smokinstroker

Reaction score

Mike are you positive on this?
In the h&s manual it says it will remain on the power level you last had it in before it was unplugged.

Just wondering as I am wanting to run a dashdaq for gauges

ckrueg

Reaction score
Mike are you positive on this?
In the h&s manual it says it will remain on the power level you last had it in before it was unplugged.

Just wondering as I am wanting to run a dashdaq for gauges
I ran my minimaxx unplugged for 6 months and it stayed on the street setting the whole time

Members online

No members online now.