Serial number on H&S?

ford141

Reaction score
I bought a Gearhead's tune a few days ago but he needs the serial number from my H&S prior to making the new tune. When I go into the MiniMaxx to "show settings", the serial number says N/A. What gives? I downloaded the latest updates from H&S, but it still says N/A.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I bought a Gearhead's tune a few days ago but he needs the serial number from my H&S prior to making the new tune. When I go into the MiniMaxx to "show settings", the serial number says N/A. What gives? I downloaded the latest updates from H&S, but it still says N/A.

he shouldnt need the serial number. where did you get the minimaxx ? do you have mcc unlock ?

ford141

Reaction score
I bought the mini maxx from a dealer 2 years ago when I bought the truck. I also just bought the unlock code this week, although I'm not sure what to do with the code. Do I have to enter it in somewhere before it gives me the serial number?

ford141

Reaction score
Ok, gearhead sent me an email saying they needed the serial number, and I replied saying it was N/A. I haven't got a response yet.

ford141

Reaction score
As far as the unlock code, do I just use that when I load the new gearhead tune?

ford141

Reaction score
Hopefully this is the case. I'm still waiting on a reply from Gearhead. I didn't expect it to take this long.

sootie

Reaction score
just get him the vin number and export the base files. he will then reply with the tune.

ford141

Reaction score
By engine file, do you mean the Engine file # that is listed in settings on the H&S? If so he already has that, I sent that when I paid for it last Wednesday. I'll send him the VIN too if it helps to speed it along.

ford141

Reaction score
He finally called me back and apparently I had filled out the form for an SCT tuner by mistake and that's where the serial number confusion comes in. He said he just needs the base file, and explained how to get that to him. I'm not up on a lot of this stuff, so I was confused.

Latest posts

Members online