Powerstroked08 build

alradco

Reaction score
Ok so my radiator showed up the other day! So after doing some hauling this morning I had to get home and dive into it. It took about 4 hours with people coming by and wanting to keep me from getting anything done. Anyhow the Alradco radiator fit 100% like stock and is a VERY well built unit, and I would reccomend it to anybody who needs one or just wants to upgrade from the stock junk. I will report back with some more info and results soon.

You have no idea how good it is to hear that. Thanks for making us a part of your build and your support.

Peter

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Ok Its been awhile since I've updated this. Since then I have changed a few things. I am now dumping the wastegate into the atmosphere charger. With some gate changes it will hit 42# of boost on the street. But will hit 47# while at the pulls. So thats a start. I also replaced the push rods and valve springs with the RCD 125# set. While I was in there I decided to replace all of the rocker assemblies just incase. They appeared to be "ok" but upon inspection the tips were starting to get "sticky" and not move very well at all. So they were probably on their way out so I'm glad I did them. I also installed my new Alradco intercooler and radiator. These are some beautiful pieces to say the least! I'm currently running full boost to the bottom port on the gate with 21# of spring and regulated boost to the top port. I have also been to 2 pulls with 49 and 21 trucks. And finished 2nd and 1st. The truck had a little bounce at the first pull and I let off to settle it down and it cost me the pull(lost by a foot) but it was fun beating a lot of trailer queens. By the way the truck that beat me was a dedicated queen itself. And at the last pull that I took 1st(see above video) they changed the rules while we were on the scales and said no traction bars! So me and my buddy had to scramble to take them off in the rain. But we did and I took 1st and he took 6th. He did a great job for being the first time he pulled not to mention we did his head studs the night before and finished them up at 4am, went to work and then pulled at 7pm! LOL

Last edited:

B585Ford

Reaction score
Glad to hear you are getting this thing running like it should. Also congrats on the pulls, sounds like you are tearing it up with a DD truck...what more could you ask for???
How many miles and how mainly deleted miles were on the rockers? Glad to hear Chad's valvetrain upgrades are going to good use.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Yeah it holds its own at the pulls. Its really hard to compete with guys that have over 30k into their motor/trans. But it just makes it sweeter when you beat them! I bought the truck with 64,xxx miles, and I deleted it before 65,000. I am going to say I was the first to delete it, but the egr coolers came right off. So I don't know if they were just replaced or somebody returned it to stock before they traded it:shrug:. But the dpf was a b!tch to remove so I'm sure it wasn't deleted before. Now it has 90,000 miles, and I'm positive it just turned 90k the day before if not 2 days before I did the valvetrain. I always change the oil at 5k if not sooner. I am going to start doing it at 2500-3000 just to keep it happy. The rockers appeared to be fine but if you tried to move the tip it would stick and or click when it moved. Like it was catching on something. Now I do have to say a HUGE thanks to Jared Rice at RCD for getting me the hook up on the rockers in such a short notice. And he also went above and beyond by sending me some extra clips for the rockers. I didn't know this but those little b@stards like to break during the shipping process leaving you screwed! And low and behold one did break in transit. But Jared had a whole pack in there ready to go! So a huge thanks to him! Also a HUGE thanks to Brett(b585) for getting me the deal on the springs and push rods.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Very nice. That burnout would be a lot easier to do if you had a third foot. You got me curious....was that 2nd gear?

dsberman94

Reaction score
how'd you find a road that flat and straight around here? lol. get some new stuff? looking forward to seeing ya in august.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Awsome. You obviously don't like your tire LOL

Well there's a little story behind it. My dad's buddy has a duramax with a 4 inch exhaust and a banks 6 gun tuner. He claims it's 800-850 horse all day long. And before anybody asks. It's Stock fuel, trans, turbo, and well literally everything other than the exhaust and tuner is stock. But he keeps telling me and my dad how he's going to "show" me how to truck pull. So he laid a patch of rubber about 40 feet long right there where I started my patch. So I figured hell my truck is due for inspection and my tires are too low to pass, so why not burn off the rest of the rubber I paid for right in front of his house!

how'd you find a road that flat and straight around here? lol. get some new stuff? looking forward to seeing ya in august.

Yeah I hope I Can make it. It's not looking good right now but I'm trying to get it ready. Nothing that crazy to speak of. A couple of little things is all.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
What's in august? Am I missing anything good lol.

2 local truck pulls I usually attend. Nothing crazy but a good time to get laughed at for having a powerstroke. The first one I pulled at there was 68 trucks probably 40 cummins probably 15 duramax and a hand full of us "junk " powerstrokes. I took 3rd haha