newbie reliability fuel economy

wildty1

Reaction score
what miner changes i can do to get better fuel mileage
and a little better performance and i have never worked
on diesel.this is my first diesel truck.
:D

wildty1

Reaction score
what tuner should i get, and from where should
i get the tuner. What tunes should i run for my
truck. 2008 f350 extended cab long bed auto.
i have the 373 rear end. Now what delete system
would be easiest to install and has to be a
stainless steel system for i live in michigan.
Where would i also find the delete setup from?
I dont drive the truck hard it is my daily driver.
I have not done any mods yet to this truck.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Any egr delete will work. Just get what you want, flo pro has pretty cheap stainless systems for these trucks. The 5ibc system on my truck was under 600 in stainless

B585Ford

Reaction score
OP,
If you do go with GH tunes, make sure you mention to Matt your biggest interest is improvement in mileage (assuming that is the case). I won't begin to claim that I know how Matt works his magic in his tunes, but I do love his tuning. One observation I made back when I ran "canned" tunes from H&S was the early tuning was smokey and the turbo lag was greater, but they gave me better mileage than newer tunes which were less smokey and had less turbo lag. Just from my observations (on the canned tunes), the biggest difference I could see was the newer tuning had higher EBP at partial throttle (to aid in the responsiveness of the turbos) but I am sure that is a factor in why I didn't get as good of mileage with those tunes. I am sure Matt's goals are no smoke with minimal turbo lag so if mileage is the most important thing to you, he may alter the tune slightly to help with mileage although that might mean sacrificing spool up. Matt is great about providing tunes for your liking (as long as you don't request a smokey tune) so I am sure he can help you get what you want.

Latest posts

Members online