Huntsville Vs Indianapolis Block (6.4)?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Anybody know the differences between the two? I got 2 6.4's and they show no signs of giving up anytime soon LOL

Job 2 (Build Date 10.24.2007) F-350 Tow Boss DRW CCSB 87,000 miles 4880 Hours (Truck was deleted at 50,000)

Job 3 (Build Date 01.17.2008) F-250 SRW CCSB 260,000 miles 7900 Hours (with exception of blown turbos which are going to get fixed very soon)

How can I found out if the F-250 has its original engine? (pull out etc) (Its not a ford reman) nor does it have any reman markings.

I've heard that in the time the 6.4s were in production. The Indianapolis plant workers were on strike. (Which could have result in lower quality products?)

I found this in the 6.4 coffee table book

"Engine Serial Number
• The engine serial number is located on the left rear corner
of the crank case on a half moon machined surface.
• A white sticker is placed over this number during production,
this sticker was removed for illustration purposes.
• 6.4 - is the engine family identifier.
• HU2Y - is a manufacturing designator
Ex: HU2Y or HU2U “Y designates Huntsville, AL
and U designates Indianapolis, IN”
• 0385535 - is a sequential build number"

I will go check on the engine serial #'s on the two 6.4s and see what factory made what block.

What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Stroked777

Reaction score
i just looked my truck up, interesting note, when i got my truck the grille was chrome but it says it was a painted grile from the factory, and it also says "kentucky truck plant build only" i

B585Ford

Reaction score
I can't answer your question cause IDK, but thanks for posting....I don't believe I have seen that before.

Latest posts

Members online