Powerstroked08 build

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Ok so the last of the parts are ordered. Heres what i have going on so far.The truck is a 2008 cclb ZF-6 speed.

Already have installed
ARP studs
ported and coated 6.0 manifolds
coated hd up pipes
No limits cai
Kennys pulling parts double disc sintered iron clutch
traction bars
Mini maxx
4" down pipe
5" exhaust
egr/dpf fell off:shrug:
fllo pro intake elbow
3" intercooler cold side pipe

And whats either in my spare room or ordered
Tial MVR 42mm wastegate
RCD ported intake
manual boost control
Tow Power Plus turbos(72/59):redspotdance:

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
That is a nice set of chargers. You will love them. Enjoy and it sounds like a good build.

sootie

Reaction score
looks good! very similar to mine except bigger turbos.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Yeah im really stoked about it! And a big thanks to Jared at river city diesel, Aaron Rudolph at rudys diesel, elite diesel, and especially Wayne from elite for being patient and getting me hooked up with a great set of turbos!

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Thanks guys its nothing crazy but for my dd and having a kid its all i can swing right now. But its no quad turbo(extreme3807) :bowfast:but im still excited to get this done.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Looks like an excellent build. I am pumped to hear how Tow+ setup does with a handshaker!!!

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Looks like an excellent build. I am pumped to hear how Tow+ setup does with a handshaker!!!

Thanks, Im really hoping this does well on a manual! I really wanted to cut down on the lag which is part of the reason i wanted to get both turbos and both are billet wheels. Im also thinking about putting some turbo blankets on as well to help out some more but i really haven't made up my mind yet. I just dont really know how much they help, if much at all with lag. And after hearing about your build with the 71 and how good it ran I was going to do the same but then the 72 came out so i HAD to go that route(thanks Elite)!

B585Ford

Reaction score
Thanks, Im really hoping this does well on a manual! I really wanted to cut down on the lag which is part of the reason i wanted to get both turbos and both are billet wheels. Im also thinking about putting some turbo blankets on as well to help out some more but i really haven't made up my mind yet. I just dont really know how much they help, if much at all with lag. And after hearing about your build with the 71 and how good it ran I was going to do the same but then the 72 came out so i HAD to go that route(thanks Elite)!

Yeah, for us, anything that reduces lag is huge. IMO it was a very good idea to do both turbos. If the Tow+ was available when I did mine, that is definitely the route I would have gone!!! Based on what I have read, the 72 spools really good so with the addition of the VGT this should be a h#ll of a setup. I'm really looking forward to seeing the results.

brooksfruge

Reaction score
Good luck with the build buddy! Interested to see how that rcd intake manifold works out for ya, it's on my wish list

powerstroked08

Reaction score
A little update. The boost controler showed up the other day! And now the last thing to this puzzle is some shiny turbos! I'm starting to get anxious. And Brooks i think the intake will help out especially on your truck being it has a single, i think the less restriction on the intake side will help on the single setup as far as lag.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I'm going to do the Tow power X setup instead. The stage 2 option i believe it is. Where the wastegate dumps into the atmosphere to drive it harder.

webb06

Reaction score
I'm going to do the Tow power X setup instead. The stage 2 option i believe it is. Where the wastegate dumps into the atmosphere to drive it harder.

I love my tow x setup! I gated to the downpipe though. If you need the wastegate piping I've got mine that I didn't use I'll sell you. Are you staying stock fuel?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Yeah im staying stock fuel. For now anyhow. I really dont plan on adding more for awhile. How is your setup running for you? I cant find much info on them really. I see 3 videos of corbins truck but thats it. I'm really stoked to get the chargers on but im still waiting on them to show up. I guess precision is a little backed up at the moment.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
And i wasnt really sure if i shoud gate to the dp but Tadd thinks it will help to drive it harder since i am on stock fuel. And i already have the pipe for the gate, or i would have picked up yours. Hows the spool up by the way?

webb06

Reaction score
Spool up is good maybe a second on lag then it's gone. Ya precision is way backed up from what I've heard

Latest posts

Members online