triples

Reaction score
hey guys well after cracking s piston my truck is in shop gettin a built short block.
my builder threw the idea of puttin a third turbo on the truck. im running jr high powers now. my question is has anyone who has done this got any feedback they would like to share on it? my shortblock is done and its time i decide. any input would be greatly appreciated! thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madman1234509

Reaction score
All the people that have.... have taken the set ups off.... Bigpowr(godzilla), Erik Clausen both had set ups like that. And some other company was making a kit then the talk and interest of it disappeared. Better off doing a single or a compound set up if your looking to go bigger. Or 2 stage tripples where you have 2 atmospheres and a single high pressure, we are hearing great things from the great white north on that set up.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i have a big twin kii i'll sell ya. should make 1200 pretty easily. lights very quick too.

Kind

Reaction score
Cathy is right, two stage is the only way triples have worked well and consistently. Three stage set ups have been done and failed on 6.4's.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Look at the 6.7 mpd is working in. It's got three turbos. I believe it's two s367.7 feeding a s467.7 and it made over 1000 on fuel

madman1234509

Reaction score
will my jr high powers work in a 2 stage triple setup?

I mean, I guess you could unmount the atmosphere from the high pressure and relocate it and another on the passenger side battery location area. Probably not worth the effort, better off selling the set up and buying 3 small turbos. A 64 and 2 62s. Or 3 62s. Something along those lines for a moderate street setup.

Reaction score
man i appreciate all the feedback guys i think im just gonna stick with my current setup and maybe add some spray for now thanks

B585Ford

Reaction score
All the people that have.... have taken the set ups off.... Bigpowr(godzilla), Erik Clausen both had set ups like that. And some other company was making a kit then the talk and interest of it disappeared. Better off doing a single or a compound set up if your looking to go bigger. Or 2 stage tripples where you have 2 atmospheres and a single high pressure, we are hearing great things from the great white north on that set up.

^^^WHS. Kind's truck sounds bad a#s and based on the vids, that thing is an animal.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Don't like it?

done with the 6.4 . it was insanely nasty and quick spooling with the twin setup. made 1050 at 1.7ms of pulse width ... just never pushed it hard, im going a different route.

the triple compound route worked somewhat , but certainly isn't worth it , and is just too many damn headaches.

Kind

Reaction score
^^^WHS. Kind's truck sounds bad a#s and based on the vids, that thing is an animal.

And it is only getting nastier the more I tweak the tune... And I need to make an updated vid.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
And it is only getting nastier the more I tweak the tune... And I need to make an updated vid.

Ya my truck was an absolute beast when we found the sweet spot. If it was off just a little it wasn't even close.

Kind

Reaction score
Ya my truck was an absolute beast when we found the sweet spot. If it was off just a little it wasn't even close.

My truck was "off" a lot at first... Like WTF did I just build triples for lol. But with a lot of tweaking of parts and tuning it is to a point where it's really fun! It is definitely a very unique experience!

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
My truck was "off" a lot at first... Like WTF did I just build triples for lol. But with a lot of tweaking of parts and tuning it is to a point where it's really fun! It is definitely a very unique experience!

cant believe you haven't been to a track or a dyno yet. summer is over !!

Kind

Reaction score
cant believe you haven't been to a track or a dyno yet. summer is over !!

Man... I got excuses lol. Besides that I'm glad I haven't rushed it... It's allowed me to get it running properly.

Dyno sept 13th. Track I don't know lol. Just take my word for it, the truck is fast lol.

Latest posts

Members online