Any advice on how to reduce weight in a Superduty?

dmkolb

Reaction score
My truck right now weighs 8600 lbs with me in it when I ran it at the track with spare tire removed, skid plates removed and 1/4 fuel. It does have a 280 lbs topper on it but that isn't coming off right now.

Is there any advice or guides on how to reduce weight in these heavy trucks? Just curious what everyone else has done and what has worked for you.

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
Set of track rims and tires would help. Pull everything under the rear seat, passenger seat... How far do you want to go!? If you want to go all out to make some record passes for you you can pull damn near everything lol.

One battery and tailgate also..

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
pull the shell , the rack under the backseat , the back seat , the tailgate , the spare, I don't remember the spare tire assembly weighing very much so I doubt you should mess with that. remove the jack and the receiver hitch , but if you have a sunroof that's about 100lbs or more you cant ditch . lighter wheels and tires are huge on multiple accounts, weight and rotating mass. get your 60ft dialed into the low 1.6's ... that's about it.

big jon

Reaction score
I got my CCSB to 7600lbs without driver.

removed rear seat, tailgate, harley rubber bed liner, spare tire, plastic bed extender and on low fuel.

could of probably got to 7500 had i removed the sound system and stock tire size