15%s with fuel bowl delete

Nic

Reaction score
Will I be able to run 15% nozzles with ported rails and fuel bowl delete block with my fuellab pump?

B585Ford

Reaction score
I have Marty's LP system with 15% nozzles, stock rails, and a fuel bowl delete. On a 2.3 PW tune, I only maintain 20500 RP. On a 1.9 PW tune, I maintain full RP. I am hoping that I will be able to maintain RP with 2.1 PW tune, but I don't have a 2.1 tune at the moment to try. I found that you will either need MCC or get a custom tune (I am running a custom tune from GH) to keep the smoke controlled. I am almost smoke free with GH...just a puff when I shift (I have a gear jammer) and a slight haze at WOT with my setup. I love the nozzles because of the spool up. I did the nozzles when I added a JHP atmo (had a 71 before that) and my spool up is better now than with any setup I had before.

madman1234509

Reaction score
You will need to decrease rail pressure, as mentioned. It has not been proven that deleting your fuel bowl will increase your ability to maintain rail pressure. Also, it has not been proven that having ported fuel rails do anything at all, besides potentially make trucks have surging issues. I run twin pumps and 100% nozzles with stock fuel rails, no issue. Had ported fuel rails on my 08.... truck had surging issues. The major factor in not being able to maintain rail pressure is 1. Health of the injection pump, a healthy pump is close to maxed on a high pulse width tune with stock injectors. Health of the stock lift pump, or rather..... having a quality lift pump system that isn't maxed out on our trucks like an airdog. Some people like their 15% nozzles with a stock pump. I personally wouldn't risk the premature wear of my hpfp just to run them and have minimal gains.

B585Ford

Reaction score
You will need to decrease rail pressure, as mentioned. It has not been proven that deleting your fuel bowl will increase your ability to maintain rail pressure. Also, it has not been proven that having ported fuel rails do anything at all, besides potentially make trucks have surging issues. I run twin pumps and 100% nozzles with stock fuel rails, no issue. Had ported fuel rails on my 08.... truck had surging issues. The major factor in not being able to maintain rail pressure is 1. Health of the injection pump, a healthy pump is close to maxed on a high pulse width tune with stock injectors. Health of the stock lift pump, or rather..... having a quality lift pump system that isn't maxed out on our trucks like an airdog. Some people like their 15% nozzles with a stock pump. I personally wouldn't risk the premature wear of my hpfp just to run them and have minimal gains.

I assume you meant PW and not RP in your first sentence. I think it should be kept in mind what the intended use of the truck is. My truck is a street truck/DD. For how I use my truck, the nozzles are one of my favorite mods I have done. I have tested my setup (running WOT with 2.3 PW tune mostly for the benefit of others). Typically I run my 1.9 tune because I like the characteristics better on the street. That tune is putting no more strain on the HPFP than a 2.3 PW tune on stock nozzles. As a matter of fact, I would bet there is less strain. In the end, it depends on the use as to whether that is a good mod for someone. I agree with everything you said about bowl deletes and rails.

Nic

Reaction score
Well from what I was told, I should have done a bowl delete with my fuel lab setup because of restriction. I'm not sure whether I have done damage to the hpfp or not because when I detuned the truck after I put the lp on, it lost power. Not sure why. Retuned it, runs great. So with that being said, I had plans to upgrade a few things if that's the issue. So with the info I have, I'm guessing the better money spent would be dual fuelers, ported intake, 15 or 30% nozzles and I'm thinking a wg because I want to upgrade my atmo to 75. The 71 will be up for sale then. It has less than 5k miles on it if anyone will be interested. I'll post it up when the time comes. Are the cp3 kits worth if for the 6.4?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I would do the twin k16 setup from Morgan with 60's. They are small enough to tune the smoke out easily hey their big enough to make around 900 when cranked up.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Well from what I was told, I should have done a bowl delete with my fuel lab setup because of restriction. I'm not sure whether I have done damage to the hpfp or not because when I detuned the truck after I put the lp on, it lost power. Not sure why. Retuned it, runs great. So with that being said, I had plans to upgrade a few things if that's the issue. So with the info I have, I'm guessing the better money spent would be dual fuelers, ported intake, 15 or 30% nozzles and I'm thinking a wg because I want to upgrade my atmo to 75. The 71 will be up for sale then. It has less than 5k miles on it if anyone will be interested. I'll post it up when the time comes. Are the cp3 kits worth if for the 6.4?

I know of a few builds with bowl in place running duals with 60%s and I think there may be a few running duals with 100%s with bowl in place. Especially on a stock, single HPFP, the bowl is not a restriction. If you are looking to make power, duals is where it is at. On the CP3 and K16, some trucks have done well with them but others haven't and were never able to figure out the problem so I would lean towards dual K16s...even with the remans being a crap shoot. If you add fuel, you will definitely want a WG. I don't know of any F250 or F350 with stock fuel and 75/59 combo to say for sure whether a gate would be needed. IMO a WG adds a little insurance so personally, I like the idea of gating even on stock fuel with larger turbos (especially with a stock valvetrain) but there are definitely others who disagree with me on that one.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.