miller wire feed issue

gwunter

Reaction score
My welding fab guy is having some issues. He has a miller wire feed machine and I don't know the technical model yet. Its probably 3yrs old. What happens is when completing a weld its like the button sticks and it continues to feed several inches of wire, other times it works as it should. He switched out the electrical switch for a known good one and the problem still exists. Also checked switch with a meter and it checks out fine. Anybody have any ideas what this could be??

mandkole

Reaction score
It could be shorting. The switch assembly on my Miller gun completely came apart. IMO, its not a real good design. The switch 'block' began to move and black molded sleeve that the switch hooks into doesn't want to lock it in place. Ive been ready to look at new one but don't want one that does the same thing..

AlaskanTrucker379

Reaction score
alot of times, newer machines will have a "latch mode" press the trigger once, and the wire and arc starts, press it again, and it stops. It can be quite handy for welder long stretches. That way you have complete movement and can walk the gun around without having to keep a finger on the trigger.

May not be your problem but worth a shot. Miller is expensive, but you get the best service around, so dig out your manual, and make a phone call. They are very helpful. A miller tech may even come out to your shop and fix it.

Latest posts

Members online