Anyone ever seen this?

Nic

Reaction score
I always use motorcraft filters and use BPD caps. The temps have never got above 204 and they're always data logged. I found the standpipe broken on this filter change. Could this have cause this? I changed the standpipe that day along with a new filter. Any Ideas?
WP_20150121_15_47_48_Pro_zpsobpksppb.jpg

WP_20150121_15_39_48_Pro_zpsehvpiy64.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
You said you are using the metal cap?

I wonder if heat soak is causing this, from the metal cap...

Nic

Reaction score
Yea from BPD. I have always used BPD caps even with my 6/0 and never had this happen. Maybe it wasn't seated in the cap right?

webb06

Reaction score
Yea from BPD. I have always used BPD caps even with my 6/0 and never had this happen. Maybe it wasn't seated in the cap right?

I could see it happening if the filter wasn't seated in the metal cap. Do you snap the filter in the cap before screwing it in?

DWhite

Reaction score
My buddy had this happen on his 6.0 4 or 5 years ago but it was due to the wrong filter being installed. The parts guy gave him a filter that was just an inch or so higher than the original. I don't remember the reason why he was given the wrong filter, a number or so off the original filter or something. I don't remember it was to far back, but that was the only time I seen anything close to this.

Reid@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
Is the BPD billet cap the exact dimensions of OEM caps? Wondering if they either gave you wrong filter/cap? Or maybe as mentioned above it could've not been seated right?:shrug:

Nic

Reaction score
I'm not sure guys. I know I have changed the filter on this cap on this truck a few times with no issues like this. And I buy Motorcraft filters in the box off the shelf. Not sure. I always snap them in. Anyway, ill post updates on the next filter change to see what happens again. First for me.

webb06

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422984714.904437.jpg
I pulled this off a truck yesterday. Appears to be an OEM filter and cap. Not sure what caused it. The filter stand pipe is fine.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
plastic stuff breaks. I have replaced alot of those oil stand pipes. They just get brittle and break. I wouldnt worry about it, just replace and move on. FYI that broken piece is the oil filter bypass valve.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Could've been an aftermarket filter. I don't know but now it does have an oem filter

If you look at the filter it should have patent numbers in a yellowish color if it was a oem filter!!

Latest posts

Members online