BW S366 Turbo Specs?

ToMang07

Reaction score
Anyone have a full spec list for the S366?

Curious whats the max HP you can comfortably push with it.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I dont know for sure, but I drove a truck with one in it this weekend.

My only concern is Back Pressure!!!

This is a 5 speed truck but it boosted WAY too quick to be having normal drive pressures.

I believe the owner is going to throw a back pressure gauge on it very soon so...

ToMang07

Reaction score
The reason I ask is I would like to buy the turbo now when I have the money..but as of right now I have the $$$$$ for the turbo and kit.

S366...easy....S471...a few bills short. :fustrate:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Its a much smaller turbo then I thought it would be, my modded H2e looks HUGE next to it.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Its a much smaller turbo then I thought it would be, my modded H2e looks HUGE next to it.

Well, I'm hoping to get my grimy hands on some 250/200's in a year or so... and I don't want to have to worry about buying a turbo, too, if ya know what I mean.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
the turbine wheel is 80mm inducer, 74mm exducer, the standard turbine housing is a t4 .91 divided housing. The turbo matches perfectly with a 500hp setup which i am running, however joe is right. the responsive and awesome street manners come at a price of backpressure on the top end. I am running a wastegate and you can defanitely hear it open through the exhaust. I would NOT run one on a 450+hp setup without a wastegate and consider the turbo to be reliable (with that housing). I used to run my backpressure gauge way off the damn 60# gauge while boost was only 35ish. Once i got the gate tuned, i am around 40psi boost with 45psi or so BP.

I think with the 550-600hp those 250/200 injectors are capable of (with proper air flow, which this 66 wont likely give you) you should be looking at a bigger turbo.

ToMang07

Reaction score
the turbine wheel is 80mm inducer, 74mm exducer, the standard turbine housing is a t4 .91 divided housing. The turbo matches perfectly with a 500hp setup which i am running, however joe is right. the responsive and awesome street manners come at a price of backpressure on the top end. I am running a wastegate and you can defanitely hear it open through the exhaust. I would NOT run one on a 450+hp setup without a wastegate and consider the turbo to be reliable (with that housing). I used to run my backpressure gauge way off the damn 60# gauge while boost was only 35ish. Once i got the gate tuned, i am around 40psi boost with 45psi or so BP.

I think with the 550-600hp those 250/200 injectors are capable of (with proper air flow, which this 66 wont likely give you) you should be looking at a bigger turbo.

Thanks. That's kinda what I was worried about. So it would work until I got the injectors,but then I'd need a bigger turbo. Ugh.

CSIPSD

Reaction score

Good info... I was impressed with how quickly it lit, but I knew the back pressures had to be up there.

JHILL

Reaction score
IIRC on Jakes truck, '02 auto,s366, stock injectors @ 35psi the scanner showed
50ish psi or 1:1.

Joe what size modded h2e are you running?

The 66mm HX50 on my truck holds 1:1 at 42-42 psi I have a 19cm housing though

what injectors are in Joe's truck? Sureflows IIRC

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Are you running powdered metal rods? If you are I'd rethink your hp goal and shy away from those 200% nozzles and back your hp goal down to something better suited for that s366

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Are you running powdered metal rods? If you are I'd rethink your hp goal and shy away from those 200% nozzles and back your hp goal down to something better suited for that s366

I've read on his motor build on outlawpsd.com... Planning ahead is what he is doing...

ToMang07

Reaction score
I think I will be skipping the S366, and holding out for a S471. Hopefully I can get the cash soon. :axe:

Plan ahead now.. Rods first yo :fustrate:

I have rods. They are sitting on the couch behind me, actually. ;)

I also have a 2-ton engine hoist and 1 ton engine stand in the kitchen. (To cold to assemble outside.)

I have an assortment of parts incoming, including 910 springs, ARP head studs, gaskets, melling LPOP, new waterpump, head gaskets, oil pan, so on and so forth. The soon as winter subsides and I don't need the truck for plowing, I will be pulling the block and swapping rods. :rockon:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I think I will be skipping the S366, and holding out for a S471. Hopefully I can get the cash soon. :axe:

I have rods. They are sitting on the couch behind me, actually. ;)

I also have a 2-ton engine hoist and 1 ton engine stand in the kitchen. (To cold to assemble outside.)

I have an assortment of parts incoming, including 910 springs, ARP head studs, gaskets, melling LPOP, new waterpump, head gaskets, oil pan, so on and so forth. The soon as winter subsides and I don't need the truck for plowing, I will be pulling the block and swapping rods. :rockon:

Very cool! Clean it up a little while you're in there?

Latest posts

Members online