cknox121's slow build

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm hoping to make it into the 11's.

I need learn how to drive lol

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

you're already there. deflate tires to 30 front 25 rear , or to where the sidewalls are bulging , run it up to 1800 RPM and keep upping rpm on each launch until it hops, then back down to your last setting . 1.6 is way too easy in these trucks .

Cknox121

Reaction score
are you launching off boost or rpm.

Boost

you're already there. deflate tires to 30 front 25 rear , or to where the sidewalls are bulging , run it up to 1800 RPM and keep upping rpm on each launch until it hops, then back down to your last setting . 1.6 is way too easy in these trucks .

I'll try rpm next. Thanks! Feels pretty rewarding having a decently fast truck!

sootie

Reaction score
thats what i was getting at-you will do waaay better with Mikes method.

Cknox121

Reaction score
thats what i was getting at-you will do waaay better with Mikes method.

I'll give it a shot. Got a buddy with some '11 king ranch factory rims he is going to let me put 420's on. Hopefully that will help. Although 11.xxx on 35" trail grapplers would be sweet to lol.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot. Got a buddy with some '11 king ranch factory rims he is going to let me put 420's on. Hopefully that will help. Although 11.xxx on 35" trail grapplers would be sweet to lol.

my 7.51 and 1.61 was on 35" toyo MT's .. you'll hook just fine as is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldnQmN3rcsU

Last edited:

Cknox121

Reaction score
You probably just need to drink a couple of six packs before you race........

My thoughts!

So I'm still fighting this damn rattling noise...which is the belt tensioner. Was replaced with new during the build...narrowed it down to the MidWest kit causing it since others have had the same issues. I have checked every pulley, balancer, etc and all are true. The pump pulley is true and in line with the system. Could the belt be stretched? Did I get a lemon tensioner? Makes the truck 10x louder. I can put a broom handle on it and mash down while running and the noise goes away. It also goes away once truck it over 800rpm. Only at idle does it do this.

Thoughts?

devdiesel

Reaction score
Stock balancer? I had an issue with the tensioner bouncing around and it is also brand new. Put a new one on again with the same result. I have an ATI dampner on mine which I think is slightly smaller dia and allowed the tensioner to ride to high. Put a matching bigger idler pulley on ( matching the one that came in Morgan's kit) and it appears to be much better. Next will be a belt replacement if need be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devdiesel

Reaction score
Can't remember off the top of my head. Midwest supplies one of the larger Pulleys in there kit. I simply bought a second and replaced the one beside it, above the tensioner. It's a Gates p#, maybe Morgan will chime in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online