Garrett single

nick01

Reaction score
Anybody run one on a single kit? :popcorn:

Seeing the compound setup made me wonder how one would work as a single.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Who could this be about.... 😎

Lol

I'm pretty sure Morgan at Midwest has some customers out there running his single kit modified for a Garrett ball bearing. He should be able to help.

Also, Cody @ ATP Trucks is running a GTX4088r as a single, that thing should be a riot when it's done. That's a 65mm I believe. The 4094 would probably be pretty great as a single as well. I think it's a 72mm

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Who could this be about.... 😎

Lol

I'm pretty sure Morgan at Midwest has some customers out there running his single kit modified for a Garrett ball bearing. He should be able to help.

Also, Cody @ ATP Trucks is running a GTX4088r as a single, that thing should be a riot when it's done. That's a 65mm I believe. The 4094 would probably be pretty great as a single as well. I think it's a 72mm

The 4094 is like a 68mm and a 4294 is around a 70-71.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
The GTX4088R is a blast. Doesn't need much fuel down low at all and comes alive wicked fast. :evil :thumbsup: By far my favorite single I've had on my truck.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I used to have a GT4294R for a car project I was working on, it kept switching owners from failed projects, got it for 850 bucks with no miles on it.. Never thought the 6.0 would spool it so I sold it and now I'm kicking myself in the ass. Would've loved to try it on my 6.4

Reaction score
What's the best cover for a gtx4202r that will spool quickly without scarificing a whole lot on the top end of the power curve?

A gtx4202 is a 75mm charger. Lol, there is no cover that is going to spool quickly. It works good for a big single, but it's best used with cam, dual fuelers and 60-100% injectors. Not really something for street manners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroker6.4

Reaction score
Excuse all the questions, gotta learn some how! Lol! Is there a streetable single that would be around 800hp?? Or is a streetable single out of question for an 800hp build??

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Excuse all the questions, gotta learn some how! Lol! Is there a streetable single that would be around 800hp?? Or is a streetable single out of question for an 800hp build??

Depends on what you consider streetable.. It'll spool better than an s475 and some people swear those spool fine and others would never consider it. You won't be towing if that's what you're asking

swinky

Reaction score
I'm enjoying my HTT S371, but I may try it at some point. They are hard to get a hold of so I'll hang on to it for now.
Off topic but does that thing surge or flutter a lot? I've heard horror stories about the wheels being so close in size causing a lot of surge.

Powerstroker6.4

Reaction score
Depends on what you consider streetable.. It'll spool better than an s475 and some people swear those spool fine and others would never consider it. You won't be towing if that's what you're asking
I know I wouldn't be towing. Just want a daily driver setup that would be around 800hp +/-. As far as streetable, I don't care if it smokes a little, but a don't want a huge ole cloud following me either if that makes sense. Lol!

Latest posts

Members online