How are the LED headlights working. I'm tired of HID problems.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Been running Liftetime's 70watt set in my truck for a while now and I love them.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Interested in this as well, I live in the boonies and have high-beams on a lot.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I've had the LED's for about 13 months, no issues at all. Low beams are awesome, high beams are not worth a ****. I really don't need the high's at all, so I don't mind

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I've had the LED's for about 13 months, no issues at all. Low beams are awesome, high beams are not worth a ****. I really don't need the high's at all, so I don't mind

How I feel about mine as well. Low beams are awesome, high beams don't notice much difference. I have a 30" bar if I need more light.

Pstrke96

Reaction score
Same as above stock 02 clear housings, oracle lights from diesel cartel.
Setup is just at a year old and working great. As stated above lows are awesome highs don't make much difference however I very seldom need /want more light than the lows put out.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I'm not sure why guys are saying you don't have a ballast to worry about. I just had to get a ballast warrantied on a set of 70 lifetime led brand ones. They are better than hids imo but not as bright. At least not compared to quality 55w hids.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I'm not sure why guys are saying you don't have a ballast to worry about. I just had to get a ballast warrantied on a set of 70 lifetime led brand ones. They are better than hids imo but not as bright. At least not compared to quality 55w hids.

The 70w lifetime drivers have definitely had some issues.

I really like the Gen2 H13 Lifetime bulbs. I have hundreds and hundreds of sets out there that people love. The failure rate is much lower on the gen2 bulbs also. Low beams rocks, high beams are not too huge of a difference. No fuss install. Some guys have ran into issues with they quickly blame on the bulbs, but a lot of the time the connections on the truck are corroded. Little bit of contact cleaner and dielectric grease usually helps when installing them. If you have any questions about them feel free to ask me.

RSK

Reaction score
i have 55w led lights from the diesel cartel and now to warranty them i have to ship them to Ca...which they have been burnt out for over 1 year luckily i have rigid fog lights and they work every single time 0 issues. but hid's are fine, the projector housing is where its my audi has hid's factory 129,000 miles and 12 years still stock headlights but they aren't cheap ones they are factory so they are made to last a long time... and they light up the road just as well as my led head lights did if not better and housings are a little foggy on my car. but i'll probably order a set from lifetime led or dirty diesels idk yet. for now no headlights has been fine with the local leo for the year i haven't had because the rigids are bright enough to where they can see me clearly and i can see fine even with a 20% tinted windshield.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Lifetime LED's here in stock housings, Cody @ ATP hooked me up. High beams do suck but that's what RIGID driving lights and a 20" Light Bar are for. Who needs high beams

ToMang07

Reaction score
Lifetime LED's here in stock housings, Cody @ ATP hooked me up. High beams do suck but that's what RIGID driving lights and a 20" Light Bar are for. Who needs high beams

Nothing like fixing your problem's "fixed" problem...

little luke

Reaction score
Ive got the lifetime 70watt. Low beam is alright, which is all I use with the lifetime pods I have for fog lights. Im getting ready to have my second ballast warrantied as I keep losing the high beam. But as everyone else has said, high beam isn't much better

For the price, if your looking for more usable light, id get additional lights and wire them into your high beams using a relay.

Last edited:

LovetheTide

Reaction score
I've got a set of the lifetime led's and I'm starting to have problems with them. Had them for about a year now and the low beam has been flickering for over a month. Believe they are the 35 watt version.

RSK

Reaction score
Honestly im probably just gonna buy slyvannia incadencent bulbs that are around 6500k so they match the fog lights when i do something. The rigid fog lights do there job perfectly. I know its not difficult to change out led headlights but i don't feel like messing around with headlights when i wanna drive my truck, i just want to put diesel in it and enjoy it after im done working. Hence the reason i've been driving around with no headlights for a yr

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I went through all the Ballast and Bulb crap with HID's. Even had them hooked up through relays. I took them all out the wired in 80W/100W normal bulbs. Must use relays. If not you will burn stuff up. I have 80W fogs. It is bright enough for me and much better pattern than HID's in stock housings.

Latest posts

Members online