My build-Hard work pays off!

How far to go when the cab is pulled the first time

• Total voters

dsberman94

Reaction score
No. Not another one. Gotta decide if I'm selling this thing. Prolly call tomorrow. Wrong thread for random talks though.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Sorry mr southern. We have this chit called snow up here. And since people don't think of this when they purchase a vehicle, they have to treat the roads with this stuff called salt or brine. It rots every vehicle, not just my truck. I know, hard for you southerners to understand these things that happen up here in the winter. Phil has never even seen real snow.

Buddy I won't even start on that. It's called care, cleaning, and regular maintenance. Dint tell me this southerner ****. Originally from Antigone Wisconsin so get your head out of your ass.

New short bed is upwards of $2500 complete with tailgate and lights. Oe style bushwacker fender flares, enough vinyl to completely cover the two-tone and flares, and the equipment to put the vinyl on are about $500 total. Guess which route I'm going if I keep this truck.

I didn't have a chance to be able to clean in the bed fenders when the truck was new since I only bought it last spring. Aggravates the hell out of me that someone didn't take Better care of the body.

Blah blah.... Should have thought about that before you spent money chasin pu**y you'll never get.

No. Not another one. Gotta decide if I'm selling this thing. Prolly call tomorrow. Wrong thread for random talks though.

Just a dumb decision trust me you'll be in an even deeper hole than you're in already.

alradco

Reaction score
Your intercooler is ready to go unless you want it powder coated black or chrome.

RSK

Reaction score
Your intercooler is ready to go unless you want it powder coated black or chrome.

sweet I was thinking about having the end tanks polished, but you won't be able to see them through the grille anyways so i'll just leave it as it is.

RSK

Reaction score
JL stealthbox is going in tomorrow morning, Alradco intercooler should be here next week, but i don't plan to put it on until i have diesel site boots and clamps and No limits cold side kit at a minimum. I know all this stuff isn't gonna make my truck any faster, but it should reault in lower egt's and i know an Elite 72 would do a much better job doing that but swapping that in is beyond my capabilities, so i have to pay my mechanic 1000 dollars to pull the cab and swapping out turbo's and doing hd up pipes and full egr delete is all included basically anything on the top of the heads. So i decided these along with a downpipe would be money well spent and eventually i'll do an alradco radiator when mine starts leaking. I'd like to get a rcd 75 on the truck around the fall time and make a pull at a local fair.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Cab and turbo removal is fun. I think the turbos were easier than on my 7.3. Lol. But I fought with the up-pipe for 9 hours. Post up how you like the stealthbox.

RSK

Reaction score
Cab and turbo removal is fun. I think the turbos were easier than on my 7.3. Lol. But I fought with the up-pipe for 9 hours. Post up how you like the stealthbox.

Definitely! I don't have access to a lift to pull the cab myself anyways not that i would even try. It's more cost effective for me to just pay the 1000 dollars and have my mechanic do it right and not mess anything up, like i might. But my dilemma is do i pull the heads and build the motor when the cab comes up or do i play russian roulette and drive it easy and hope no pistons crack until next spring and its gonna be another 1000 to pull the cab which is the cost of coated hd international pistons, then hd springs and pushrods are only 600 and new rockers and lifters are pretty cheap. Probably not gonna do rods at this time. My buddy has a JL stealth box in his truck and it hits HARD and sounds amazing...but i'll post up anyways.

RSK

Reaction score

Well i picked up my truck this morning and we started out with price installed for 1050 installed then i decided to add a 5 channel amp and it was going to be 180 more so i said do it, and i ended up with a bill for double what expected and had to pay 1600 instead of the 800 i was expecting, lucklily with mowing and a fall clean up i'll get most of this back, this year from him. Last time i do that chit. The sub hits pretty good, but my center console doesn't close on its own, it needs some adjusting which you would think they would do, so despite the fact that it sounds good, I would advise against it, and go with an upgraded sub in the factory box like Jd and absolute performance showcased.

RSK

Reaction score
So my alradco intercooler showed a few days ago, but it's not going on until I have my no limit cold side kit which i haven't ordered yet, and I want to get diesel site boots for it. so maybe around the end of the month. anyways, not sure if I trust the stock rods to handle the power I want so I think i may do carrillo rods when the time comes, hopefully before winter. don't need to take any chances bending a rod, and I don't want to take it apart more then once. If i do it once and right, I should save money vs. doing it 2 or 3 times and splitting a block maybe. not really a chance I want to take. i'm a little undecided vote in the poll and let me know what you think. once the truck is done i'd like to try sled pulling a few times, and make a few passes at the track, the of the abuse will be on a closed course....might get into it getting on the highway everyday.

Last edited:

RSK

Reaction score
Skip the rods for 700 and do a good set of pistons

well I have a feeling when once I have a 59/75 from rcd bolted on, and run down the track or dyno it, i'm gonna be close to 700 and get bored quickly so my plan was to add 60% nozzles and dual fuelers and that should be around 800-850 with a built trans, and probably spray the truck to 1000 a handful or times....a few times at the track and maybe on the street once or twice. 700 is too easy I feel.

RSK

Reaction score
So the 75\59 combo should get close to 700 on stock fuel?

yah depending on the truck, just a 72-76mm atmo will get you around 700 depends on tire size a lot too, could be 650 if your lifted on 37's or 694 on stock size tires or 33's maybe 35's if the truck runs really good. depends on if you can maintain rail pressure in a race tune while its on the dyno.

04hdfatboy

Reaction score
yah depending on the truck, just a 72-76mm atmo will get you around 700 depends on tire size a lot too, could be 650 if your lifted on 37's or 694 on stock size tires or 33's maybe 35's if the truck runs really good. depends on if you can maintain rail pressure in a race tune while its on the dyno.

Thanks for the reply! I am deciding between rcd 75 or 73 from barder.

RSK

Reaction score
i'm doing 60% nozzles, dual k16's 59/75 should lay down around 800... in race file, and around 700ish in street file.

Last edited:

RSK

Reaction score
B6FD8136-E02B-4FCA-8428-52C25ABE7F5C_zpslekcxxls.jpg

yup that's tile in my buddies garage....its insanely nice to work on.

94A9764E-E16A-448E-A7C0-8C5A4532019B_zpslfuqup6p.jpg

6393E85B-A320-4E6E-9249-2A7AF899EA2E_zpsfvjixgmf.jpg

gotta mess around with it tomorrow night to get it latched all the way, it's not liking my cowl hood....