AC question

04hdfatboy

Reaction score
So my ac isn't working and I am pretty sure the compressor is shot. I know I need to replace the compressor, accumulator and orifice tube. Rock auto has a kit that comes with all of that for $223. The brand is GPD. Do you think that would work well or should I stock with motorcraft ac parts? Has anyone replace ac parts with other brands and they worked ok? One last question one part number says 4.75 clutch and one says 5.25 clutch. Any way to tell which one I have? Any info is appreciated.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I wish I could help you on this one but the A/C is yet another thing I don't have complete grasp of on these trucks.

superpsd

Reaction score
On certain items I would definitely go own motorcraft parts only. Maybe do some research and try to find out who builds the oem compressor and look for a cheaper source. You get what you pay for.

superpsd

Reaction score
I did some quick searching and was finding valeo to be the make of the Ford oem compressors. If you can find the valeo threw another source you sometimes can get an oem part on the cheap without the motorcraft markup.

04hdfatboy

Reaction score
I did some quick searching and was finding valeo to be the make of the Ford oem compressors. If you can find the valeo threw another source you sometimes can get an oem part on the cheap without the motorcraft markup.

Thanks! I had never heard of this other brand. Figured it may be worth it. On the other hand I don't want to buy junk.

04hdfatboy

Reaction score
Are you 100% sure it is the compressor that is bad and not just low refrigerant or low pressure switch going bad?

Honestly I am not sure. Thats what the mechanic told me. He said it was leaking from the compressor. It has been recharged and leaked out again.

DieselP814

Reaction score
Honestly I am not sure. Thats what the mechanic told me. He said it was leaking from the compressor. It has been recharged and leaked out again.

Oh heck man that could be a simple o-ring in one of your lines, not saying it is or your mechanics wrong but something you might wanna check out Before you drop a couple hundred bucks on a compressor just a thought

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.