CCV re route/ quick question

black'n'blue

Reaction score
If you don't vent it back into the intake your gonna smell/see it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

KTM300

Reaction score
Venting into the exhaust doesn't get rid of the haze and smell? How can you notice it when it is mixed with the exhaust gases?

black'n'blue

Reaction score
What's the real difference between venting it through the exhaust on one side of the truck for venting it out of a pieces of 1 inch hose out of the other side of the truck. If you can't smell your exhaust, then why not make it simple and run a house along the frame to the rear of the truck. and be done with it

black'n'blue

Reaction score
How would you vent it into the exhaust? Just curious. I would think that could cause some type of back pressure under load, plus with the mixture of soot and cc gases I would think you would develop some type of buildup where the gases come into the exhaust and possibly cause some type of restriction over time. I'm just thinking out loud here. I have mine ran along the frame to the rear axle with hose and don't ever smell anything

Stroked777

Reaction score
You weld a 1in steel pipe into the exhaust at a 45 degree angel and due to a draft effect it pulls the gasses out, this is put somewhere after the turbo.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
3amy9yru.jpg
a4ypypy3.jpg

This

obs7.3

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I'm getting ready to do my ccv and had a few questions. Has anyone run the mishimoto oil catch can?
And I thought there was a lot more to putting the ccv into the exhaust than just welding a 1" pipe in there at a 45*. If that's all it is then that's probably the route I'll go. No problems with the exhaust type ccv mod?
Thanks in advanced

webb06

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I'm getting ready to do my ccv and had a few questions. Has anyone run the mishimoto oil catch can?
And I thought there was a lot more to putting the ccv into the exhaust than just welding a 1" pipe in there at a 45*. If that's all it is then that's probably the route I'll go. No problems with the exhaust type ccv mod?
Thanks in advanced

The pipe has to have a notch cut out of it. It's hard to explain. You can't just use any pipe
1dda0d49d2ebd1ae8dd54122062ea941.jpg

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
Been running my ccv dump on my 6.0 and it comes down by the front drive shaft, back along the frame running by the fuel pump, then comes out above the fuel tank. Zip ties and a few chunks of hose zip tied to the vent line where it touches hard edges and its done. Haven't had any blow by or leaks coming out the hose (check every week). Until I get the "Smog or smell", I'm not concerned.

I try to keep things simple before I go welding or mounting.

Latest posts

Members online