Madmans build thread

madman1234509

Reaction score
Alright everyone, I figured I'd start my build thread. The build hasn't started totally yet but almost everything is ready to go.

My name is Wayne. All of this started Sept 2010 when I bought my 2008 Black Lariat CC/SB. Over the course of 2 or so years the truck got head studs, cam, valve springs, torque converter, 2.5" lift, 35" toyos, 20x10 weld wheels, custom egr delete, custom intake elbow, AFE intake, 5" exhaust, traction bars. I'm sure there are a few things I left out, costmetically and mechanically, but you get the idea, I had a pretty solid base for a build. Only 1 problem.... RUST... the rear fenders started to bubble and rust. The truck had always lived in NY and I drove it the first 2 winters I had it... March of 2013 I sold the truck, knowing I wanted a Harley edition 6.4, and I already had a huge pile of parts for the 6.4 platform so I wasnt going to change it up..

Old truck, and his truck

That leads me to my current truck. In April of 2013 I flew from upstate NY to Nogales Arizona and picked up a CC/SB 2010 Harley Edition and drove it home. Truck is rust/corrosion free and will not be driven in the winter. Only downside, it was BONE STOCK. So, needless to say it was a pretty big sacrifice. Over the last few months Ive gotten a minimax with gear head tunes, 5" exhaust, window tint, and made my own intake for the time being. (no sense in buying one when it was just going to get a custom one soon with the build.) I still need to recoup a Torque Converter, Valve Springs, a secondary location alternator, and probably a few other odds and ends that Im forgetting. Now for the build plans...

Motor- stock, unless something goes
88mm garrett GT4718, coated exhaust housing (remote mounted)
66mm S366, coated exhaust housing (intake facing the drivers side)
Custom stainless charge piping
Coated 6.0 manifolds, ported
Custom stainless uppipes with inconell flew pipes.
Obviously egr deleted, intake elbow, cac.. probably all custom stainless
Custom intake manifold, based off a stocker
Valve Springs (haven't decided who's yet)
ARP studs
Diesel Dr. Dual Fuelers
100% 6 hole nozzles
Custom lift pump system consisting of 1 walbro GSL392 pumping from the stock tank to a 5 gallon fuel cell
2 walbro gsl392 pumping from the fuel cell to an Aeromotive regulator, one will be on a hans switch (boost switch).
All black nylon braided hose.
5" exhaust.
I have an Elite Diesel comp transmission kit
TCS 300m input shaft
The truck will rarely ever see a track or pull a sled any time soon so the tranny isn't getting much unless something lets go
Obviously there is a bunch of minor things that get changed and addressed during a build of this size that I'm forgetting.

I have some gauges to measure boost from both turbos, back pressure, and lift pump pressure that will be custom mounted on the dash.

I also have 5.4 springs that may go on once I get wheels and tires.
Eventually will have 20x10 wheels again with probably 33/12.5-13.5 atzs
The truck will either stay stock height or or be lowered. I have no plans on lifting it. The build will happen before anymore cosmetic stuff gets done, so hopefully it will be a pretty wicked sleeper. Aiming for 1000HP fuel only.

All the work is being done by my friend/mechanic/fabricator that builds ridiculous muscle cars at his shop. He doesnt advertise or anything because he has a ton of work. He currently has a 900hp 5.9 cummins that he won the dyno event at the last Truck Jam. Truck has had some changes recently and is probably even close to 1000HP, street driven, with almost no smoke. He is an amazing fabricator/mechanic. Ill post info and pictures as it comes along, but again, it probably wont actually start for another month, maybe two....

Attachments

• 08 truck.jpg
    08 truck.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 434
  • 08truck4.jpg
    08truck4.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 380
  • CAM00210_1.jpg
    CAM00210_1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 386
  • CAM00211.jpg
    CAM00211.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 327
  • CAM00212.jpg
    CAM00212.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 326

gman1

Reaction score
That is going to be a very nice build. Post up lots of pics when you get started.

HD F250

Reaction score
Wayne, glad to see you are finally getting your build underway. I have a set ARP studs and No Limit intercooler if you are interested PM me. Are you coming to MPD pr Rudy's event?

madman1234509

Reaction score
A few more pictures. Milled off the top of an intake manifold I picked up, plan to add an inch in height, along with some kind of tubular stainless front section, it wont be a typical intake elbow set up.

BTW the AR on the gt47 is a 1.23 with a 87mm turbine. Had a choice between a 1.23 and a 1.39.

Ill also have a 40mm JGS waste gate on each up pipe, both dumping into the intermediate pipe, and a 50mm on the intermediate to limit total boost if its needed with the 100% nozzles, or if I run nitrous

Attachments

• CAM00213.jpg
    CAM00213.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 295
  • CAM00215.jpg
    CAM00215.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 252
  • CAM00214.jpg
    CAM00214.jpg
    1,012.2 KB · Views: 327
  • CAM00217.jpg
    CAM00217.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 250
Last edited:

madman1234509

Reaction score
Wayne, glad to see you are finally getting your build underway. I have a set ARP studs and No Limit intercooler if you are interested PM me. Are you coming to MPD pr Rudy's event?

Ive already got a set of new arps, thanks for the offer. Ill be going to rudys again with the guy building the truck. He will have his down there again. My build wont be started until after Rudys though...

Ill get some more pics posted in a few. In the middle of Sons of Anarchy :p

madman1234509

Reaction score
Some pictures of the new truck. It now has 5% tint, and 5" exhaust with a 6" black chrome tip. OEM ford battery box to mount the batteries to the frame. Havent decided if we are going to do just the passenger side or both. Then the walbros, and some of the fuel line. 10an feed, 6an to the pumps, 8an return. Also have a transmission style cooler for the return fuel.

Attachments

• new truck.jpg
    new truck.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 261
  • new truck1.jpg
    new truck1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 274
  • battery box.jpg
    battery box.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 272
  • regulator.jpg
    regulator.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 237
  • walbro.jpg
    walbro.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 221

madman1234509

Reaction score
im pumped the most about that gt47 should work well

I hope so. Tonight we were doing a lot of measuring, trying to figure out how we are going to run a 6" diameter intake/filter with a MAF and how we will fit it. We are pretty sure we can run the 5" downpipe off of it, and fit it how others have done into the fender well and then down. If any of you have pictures of how you mounted/fit your large remote mounted atmo, feel free to post them up, esp ones completed with the air filter on it and everything. I want to see how the 87mm turbine wheel will do, hopefully its not too small. If things go well Ill eventually upgrade to a ball bearing unit. Probably not too much larger, like I said its basically just a street truck.

Diesel23

Reaction score
wayne , Good Luck , Glad to here you making some head way on the new rig !!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I hope so. Tonight we were doing a lot of measuring, trying to figure out how we are going to run a 6" diameter intake/filter with a MAF and how we will fit it. We are pretty sure we can run the 5" downpipe off of it, and fit it how others have done into the fender well and then down. If any of you have pictures of how you mounted/fit your large remote mounted atmo, feel free to post them up, esp ones completed with the air filter on it and everything. I want to see how the 87mm turbine wheel will do, hopefully its not too small. If things go well Ill eventually upgrade to a ball bearing unit. Probably not too much larger, like I said its basically just a street truck.

I just used some of them rubber boots and put the mass air flow sensor and filter minder in it, nothing special, im going to re-do it in aluminum soon i hope

ill post pictures in a sec

madman1234509

Reaction score
I just used some of them rubber boots and put the mass air flow sensor and filter minder in it, nothing special, im going to re-do it in aluminum soon i hope

ill post pictures in a sec

Do you think you can send a few more pics. Also is that 6" diameter? Thats what my intake is. Also how long is your filter, and do you have problems with the minder sucking in? It just looks a little short from the picture. I assume its a hard rubber if youre mounting the maf to it.... I just dont know If I can get 6" diameter metal piping to have that tight of a radius in the bend, without cheating it quite a bit...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yeah its 6 inch, yes i can get you more pictures, its a softer rubber i put locktight and messed the threads up on the mass air flow bolts so they cant fall into the intake piping.

its an S&B filter its not very big but its about the biggest i could put in there and still use the inner fender. Ill try to find you the part number

No the filter minder is good as long as the filter is clean, and honestly its never pulled it in far enough to turn the light on

Dzchey21

Reaction score
fwiw i was at the track and had the filter on and off and trap speed never changed between the two

HD F250

Reaction score
Ive already got a set of new arps, thanks for the offer. Ill be going to rudys again with the guy building the truck. He will have his down there again. My build wont be started until after Rudys though...

Ill get some more pics posted in a few. In the middle of Sons of Anarchy :p

Sweet, u can check my truck out at Rudy's and I will pick your brain on a few things. I def need to move at least one battery, clean up wiring and want to re-do all of my fuel lines to clean it up also.

Looking forward to seeing your build!

madman1234509

Reaction score
Sweet sounds awesome... Ill be at his shop the night before with it. I got the battery boxes off of ebay for like 40 bucks a piece, the person sells take offs on there.

Dustin thanks for the info. I know he was mentioning some harder rubber type bends last night, but if we can get a tight enough radius in metal Id like to do that. I was hoping with enough things moved I could turn the intake down ward

pog

Reaction score
killer build! dialing in three gates should be fun lol. looking forward to the results.

Latest posts

Members online