My project this week

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
So as a few of you know I made some purchases for the truck last week. I received part one last night, Rudy's egr delete with Tial wastegate, Flo Pro CAC pipe and intake elbow, and pre welded 4" down pipe. I also purchased Adan's RCD 75mm atmosphere turbo. I'll start tearing into it tomorrow and I'm looking for any advice on doing the whole thing.

I'm new to wastegates so any advice with setting that up will be MUCH appreciated!

Hopefully I'll have it all back together and get some track times next Saturday at Carolina Diesel Nationals at Rockingham. I know a lot of people have been wanting to see how this turbo does on stock fuel with stock vgt. Truck is also on stock trans and still stock head bolts, hoping my low mileage will help them hold on for a while. (not much faith in that though lol)

Thanks in advance for any help and wish me luck!

Cknox121

Reaction score
Get help removing the factory turbos. Heavy ****ers. Take your time on the up pipe bolts, there are a pain. Enjoy working on it! Rewards are worth it.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Get help removing the factory turbos. Heavy ****ers. Take your time on the up pipe bolts, there are a pain. Enjoy working on it! Rewards are worth it.

You take out both turbos to replace the low pressure? Sorry if it's a stupid question... lol

Cknox121

Reaction score
You take out both turbos to replace the low pressure? Sorry if it's a stupid question... lol

I took both out to replace with a single. But upon taking them out, I saw no way in hell to do it with hp still in. Unless I'm missing something

CAT35niner

Reaction score

It is possible to change the lp with the hp still in. You HAVE to be careful not to damage the oil drain gasket upon installation tho. It gets tricky but it can be done. I'd just remove them both and work with them on a bench. If you have a two pieced downpipe it will make your life easier. Drop it out and you can get your arm behind to get the up pipe bolts easier. Just don't strip one. Been there. Thank god for twist sockets. Good luck bud!

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Cool. I'll be replacing my stock down pipe when I do this with the 4" 2 piece that came with the kit. I may just take both turbos out since it's easier then.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Thinking about getting the Evans Waterless Coolant to put in it when I fill it back up. Also have to get the updated radiator hoeses to stop my coolant leak. Anyone know how much they are? Also, what is a good way to be sure all the old coolant is flushed out?

RSK

Reaction score
bastage, I was supposed to buy that turbo, oh well a custom painted harley davidson grille and a JL stealth box are worth it.... lol I like to procrastinate a lot! I'll just have to get a new rcd 75 that's all. my guess is even with that turbo you won't be able to run quicker then 12.10's on stock fuel only, should be very cool power....

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
bastage, I was supposed to buy that turbo, oh well a custom painted harley davidson grille and a JL stealth box are worth it.... lol I like to procrastinate a lot! I'll just have to get a new rcd 75 that's all. my guess is even with that turbo you won't be able to run quicker then 12.10's on stock fuel only, should be very cool power....

Yea, he said he had someone lined up and he'd put it up for sale if the buyer backed out....... so thanks for that lol.

And I'm going to try my best to get some good times. I'll be plenty happy if I can run 12.2-12.3. Anything under will be amazing and I'd love to break 11's on stock fuel!

swinky

Reaction score
Thinking about getting the Evans Waterless Coolant to put in it when I fill it back up. Also have to get the updated radiator hoeses to stop my coolant leak. Anyone know how much they are? Also, what is a good way to be sure all the old coolant is flushed out?
you need to have all the water out for that Evans stuff. they have a prep liquid but I bet that gets pricey.

there's soo many ways to go about a flush it's crazy. pull the thermostat, freeze plug, garden hose, vc9, simple green, vinegar.....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
keep in mind it's already been 12.83 in the middle of the summer.

RSK

Reaction score
Yea, he said he had someone lined up and he'd put it up for sale if the buyer backed out....... so thanks for that lol.

And I'm going to try my best to get some good times. I'll be plenty happy if I can run 12.2-12.3. Anything under will be amazing and I'd love to break 11's on stock fuel!

i never backed out, but my A.D.D. got the best of me, and I bought 15 other things instead of sending Adan the money for the turbos. Oh well I'm glad he sold them. I can't wait for results, I think 12.30's are there for sure. 11's on stock fuel aren't happening unless your truck is a freak and many have tried for...12.05 or something like is the closest anyone's gotten and that was done MPD with an s472 or 75 on stock fuel...people have even tried high powers and max powers on stock fuel no 11's. 12.20's have been done with just a 72 atmo on stock fuel.

RSK

Reaction score
keep in mind it's already been 12.83 in the middle of the summer.

maybe he will run quicker then 12.10's but many have tried to break 11's on stock and a few have come close but no one has been successful at that yet. 12.05's have been done stock fuel. no 11's yet. a regular cab might be able to do it. it can be done stock fuel with nitrous in a crew cab.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I know, that's why I said I'll be happy with 12.2-12.3 lol. I'm really looking forward to the cooler egt's as well.

Thanks for the pointers Jared, if you get bored this week come on over to Nash county lol

swinky

Reaction score
I know, that's why I said I'll be happy with 12.2-12.3 lol. I'm really looking forward to the cooler egt's as well.

Thanks for the pointers Jared, if you get bored this week come on over to Nash county lol
I'll be in Delaware bay until the 1st. stupid job.

Csilva187

Reaction score
Just me here but I say a shopping cart of distilled water, drain, fill, run, drain etc a few times. Elc done. No fancy stuff for me. You state low Milage also? Another thought... That's a lot of money on coolant with stock bolts? Maybe put fresh gold back in? Anyhow turbos- uppipes, u pipe, and zip tie Vgt crap back. I pop both up in Valley and then split em. Pull lp, leave hp there, do your prep and reinstall. Antiseize is your friend and touch of assembly lube turbo drain and orings etc. Caught me yapping, sorry it's a beautiful day fellers!

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Just me here but I say a shopping cart of distilled water, drain, fill, run, drain etc a few times. Elc done. No fancy stuff for me. You state low Milage also? Another thought... That's a lot of money on coolant with stock bolts? Maybe put fresh gold back in? Anyhow turbos- uppipes, u pipe, and zip tie Vgt crap back. I pop both up in Valley and then split em. Pull lp, leave hp there, do your prep and reinstall. Antiseize is your friend and touch of assembly lube turbo drain and orings etc. Caught me yapping, sorry it's a beautiful day fellers!
This is the stuff I'm looking for! Thanks. You're right about using this expensive stuff with stock bolts, would hate to start puking it out on the ground. Hmmm.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Well that blows!

How much of the Evans prep do ya'll think I can get by with using? I wanna make sure I get all the coolant/water out but I'm not about to spend 200 bucks on it lol

You don't need the prep persay. Pull the block plugs t-stats and one heater core hose. Back flush with a garden hose or air thru the heater core. Flush out the block with water. If you want you can fill it back up with distiller water. Run it a bit then pull everything again and let it drain out. Then fill it back up with Evans. Any water in the system will boil out thru the hole you drill in your radiator cap.

Latest posts

Members online